• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2006 W209 CD changer

celsooo

Car
Clk220 cdi 2006
Hi guys need help here...
I have a 2006 clk and I want to put a cd change on it.However my car never had one, where are the cables located? Do I even have them?? I disassembly all the console and didnt found them anywhere...
Pls help me..
Thanks in advance

Hi guys need help here...
I have a 2006 clk and I want to put a cd change on it.However my car never had one, where are the cables located? Do I even have them?? I disassembly all the console and didnt found them anywhere...
Pls help me..
Thanks in advance
Mine is a 2004 and the changer is in the glovebox, not used now as I changed the head unit. Original was Audio10 I believe (Single DIN radio cassette) and it was / is connected by fibre.

There is no wiring for the CD changer. You have to buy looms and fibre optics and possibly a fibre joiner. However I'm not sure if the power loom is still available - and the bracket is not available although the W203 one fits OK.

R

Mine is a 2004 and the changer is in the glovebox, not used now as I changed the head unit. Original was Audio10 I believe (Single DIN radio cassette) and it was / is connected by fibre.
Sounds like a pre-facelift - for model year 2005 (launched sometime in 2004) the changed from D2B fibre optic technology to MOST so the CD changers, wiring and fibre optics are all different.

R

Sounds like a pre-facelift - for model year 2005 (launched sometime in 2004) the changed from D2B fibre optic technology to MOST so the CD changers, wiring and fibre optics are all different.

R
If the centre console was changed to the facelifted, post 2004 ‘cage’, switches and a MOST CD-changer would the existing wiring in a pre facelift C209 be compatible with the MOST CD-changer and, say, an audio 20 unit or Comand unit?

If the centre console was changed to the facelifted, post 2004 ‘cage’, switches and a MOST CD-changer would the existing wiring in a pre facelift C209 be compatible with the MOST CD-changer and, say, an audio 20 unit or Comand unit?
No it won't be. Stereo connections are completely different, and even the power connections for CDC differ (same power plug, different pinout, and of course very different fibre).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom