• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2007 c220cdi engine light self clear?

Pillabenz

Car
2008 c220cdi sport
Morning guys. The cdi is serving well, apart from a noisy droplink and obligatory egr codes. I have had the egr off and cleaned, still giving the code at times, i usually clear it when it comes up as i find the vehicle tends to idle lower which is a pain at traffic lights on the 4 cylinder engine and the gearbox likes to join in the fun and misbehave a tad aswell, once its cleared, its all fine, no issues. Lately i havent bothered clearing the code, (sometimes it will have the code stored and no cel light, other times it will have 2 codes stored, same codes, p0400, accompanied by a cel light. So i have left the cel light on lately, but today i noticed it was not on so i am of the opinion it has cleared itself, does any body know how many ignition cycles it takes before a code will clear itself..? Because thats what seems to have happened here with me ignoring it and it literally just went away! Its obviously still stored but not showing the orange lamp. Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom