2007 Sprinter dashboard display has died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeeSmeaton

Car
Mercedes sprinter
Hi everyone, I have a 2007 sprinter which has recently developed an issue with the dashboard display. In simple terms its dead, the vehicle starts and drives fine, lights indicators etc work without issue but nothing on the dashboard display works, so no repeaters for indicators, no fuel gauge, milometer, backlight - if it were a parrot it would be in a monty python sketch. This started off as an intermediate fault but just stays dead now - we are using the sat nav as a speedo at the moment. We all have one of those mates who thinks they "know motors" he says it could be the wiring loom or the key, cant see why the key would be an issue if it still unlocks the van and starts it up - is this a regular fault on vans of this age - regards Lee

As a slight correction, the wife (who drives this on a daily basis) now informs me that actually, the display generally comes back on after 10 minutes of driving but if she stops the van and restarts 10 minutes later the display is once again off for around another 10 minutes. To me that suggests a connection somewhere isn't getting made until something warms up a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom