• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2008 320 CLK darth vader noise

NickStone

Car
Mercedes clk 320 cdi sport
Good afternoon all!

I have a 2008 CKL 320 CDI sport

I've noticed a noise that's slowly been getting worse.. When you take your foot off the throttle, it sounds like what i can only describe as Darth Vader sighing.

Anybody have any ideas on it?
One idea was a knackered crankcase breather diaphragm?

Going to change the crankcase breather as I haven't seen any indication in the servicing paperwork that it's been changed and see.
Next step will be boost investigation.

Everything is coming at once on the car :( It'll be about brand new by the time i'm done lol

Just to update the post after further investigation.

Having the PCV changed and new rubber seals on the turbo inlet and breather hose, I'm still suffering the noise and turbo blow back through the inlet when the turbo is spooling down after revving.
Does the OM642.910 engine have a re-circulation valve of any kind?
A friend has mentioned a possible collapsed cat.. would that create the kind of thing i'm having?

Can you post a video of it making the noise?

I would have thought you'd get an error code with a blocked cat, and it should feel really sluggish as the back-pressure prevents the engine from "breathing". - I could be wrong, I don't really know diesels.

I'll try and get a video/audio of it.

Not sure if it's a linked issue, but after a good run on not a public highway of getting up to over 100mph+, as soon as you lift off the throttle and go to accelerate it goes into limp home with no eml. Pull over and switch off/switch on and its cleared.

Starting to cause me a headache lol

Thought i'd upload a video as I was asked.
the noise is off boost.
Any thoughts would be appreciated as I'm not doing anymore work to the car until i figure this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom