2012 C207 E350Cdi PCV Breather Upgrade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGundam

Car
2012 C207 E350Cdi
Hi all,

I have seen a few websites and YouTube videos recommending upgrading the PCV on OM642 Engines. Apparently MB upgraded the part due to weak seals being sucked into the turbo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

kVTpCMi.jpg

Part Number: A6420101891

I am not having any issues as such other than what looks like some oil below the orange turbo inlet seal which I will be replacing soon. Mileage 102K and only owned it a week.

Is it sensible to upgrade this part?

Actually, I just had a peek and think mine is already the new version as it has the bracket:

jgNFg9u.jpg

That's not the upgraded version. I think Merc have messed up and missed the upgrade of the PCV specced against the 265bhp E350 CDI. They have specced an upgrade for the S class, ML and R class.

On that photo it looks like the metal clamp band is around the black part only, but that the orange seal you can see doesnt have the long 'ears' that should be clamped by the metal band clamp on upgraded versions.

I've purchased the upgrade for the S class etc and I'll be fitting it in the next few days. Tune in to the PCV upgrade thread that you commented on earlier and I'll post my findings 👍

That's not the upgraded version. I think Merc have messed up and missed the upgrade of the PCV specced against the 265bhp E350 CDI. They have specced an upgrade for the S class, ML and R class.

On that photo it looks like the metal clamp band is around the black part only, but that the orange seal you can see doesnt have the long 'ears' that should be clamped by the metal band clamp on upgraded versions.

I've purchased the upgrade for the S class etc and I'll be fitting it in the next few days. Tune in to the PCV upgrade thread that you commented on earlier and I'll post my findings 👍
Sounds good. Can I ask where you purchased yours?

Replace the pcv and turbo seal. Good idea. Also place some tin foil around the swirl flap motor and electrical connection, this will help stop future oil mist drops.

Little update on this for me as I was replacing fuel filter and turbo inlet gaskets. Seems my PCV is metal. No idea why but I must have missed that for my version of engine it doesn't have the plastic one so maybe not needed?

xC6TChm.jpg

jUh12um.jpg

yeah, different design on the later engines. I still changed mine being paranoid, and chasing an oil leak from the front of the engine at the time, which was probably down to the o rings.

What intrigues me about the new part is that there's an electrical connection on the smaller end close to the turbo.
What's that for? Yet more emission complexity ? Likewise there's an electrical connection to some of the thermostat bodies.

See the thread below for fitting of part No. A6420102491 to an E350 CDI, 265bhp engine.
A6420102491 is the upgraded PCV/breather hose, with the new integrated orange seal with 'tabs' permanently clipped on to the PCV hose end. This is only updated in EPC for the ML, S-class and possible R class.
The 'upgrade' ONLY relates to the orange seal on the end where it connects to the batwing I believe, and eliminates the risk of the previous 'push on' seal getting sucked into the turbo.

Pictures on this thread:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom