• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2015 CLS 220 Blutec shooting brake airmatic to standard

PHELPS69

Car
CLS 220 Bluetec Shooting Brake
I've been having a nightmare with my REAR airmatic suspension and would like to remove it completely for standard springs. FirstlY, has anyone done this, and secondly, do you have any recommendations for the replacement hardware

I only have air ride on the back, front is standard spring/damper set up

Thank you

Scott

I've been having a nightmare with my REAR airmatic suspension and would like to remove it completely for standard springs. FirstlY, has anyone done this, and secondly, do you have any recommendations for the replacement hardware

I only have air ride on the back, front is standard spring/damper set up

Thank you

Scott
When i was having issues with the suspension on my E i must admit i did look at this. There is a kit but from memory the cost wasn't that different to replacing all the air suspension gubbins so i went down that route and kept it. I'll see if i can find details of the kit i found though. It seems the air suspension has a life of about 10 years. Im very glad i kept mine though - the self levelling makes a huge difference when fully loaded. Also, not sure if resale value would be affected if that's important to you?

Surprised that no one has mentioned that "it might affect your insurance" yet........seems to be on most threads!! LOL!
Never done a Merc....but I swapped a Range Rover to springs.......the ride was firmer and you definitely felt the road more (which some may like)....but the body roll was better controlled. Road noise was the biggest difference....rather more....so bear that in mind.

Thanks guys, I’m fixing it. Spoke with a chap who’s set up himself having been at Merc and he says it’s probably as simple as a fuse. I already looked but couldn’t work out which one it was, along with relay

Already changed the air bags and checked the compressor which was working so likely electrics

Thank you

Thanks guys, I’m fixing it. Spoke with a chap who’s set up himself having been at Merc and he says it’s probably as simple as a fuse. I already looked but couldn’t work out which one it was, along with relay

Already changed the air bags and checked the compressor which was working so likely electrics

Thank you
I had problems with the airlines leaking as well - i think they go a bit brittle but also there are loads of wear points where they rub on various parts of the body - and add some grit from the road and you can end up with tiny pinholes that are impossible to see even with proper leak detector spray. Infuriating! Relatively cheap to change the lot for peace of mind!

I feel your pain..I had a beautiful 2015 premier plus estate with full airmatic suspension from new...let me down more than once after 7 years and 30k miles fsh...so I p/xed it in for a new VW Taigo R Lone...Love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom