• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2016 A207 damaged interior trim items needed

ckerrecoe

Car
Currently a 2016 E350 AMG Line 9G-Tronic Convertible & 2005 C180K SE Auto Sports Coupe
Hi All, newbie here. Can't believe it's taken me 2.5 years with my A207 to finally join this forum. It's a black 2016 E350 AMG Line Premium with the 9G box.

Anyway, love my beautiful car but it has a couple of damaged trim items that irritate me. The first one is the rear seat bench HK speaker cover which has been dented somehow. I'd probably prefer to remove it and push the dents out rather than replacing it altogether. I have no idea how to remove it though and can't find any online advice. I'm assuming I'll have to take the entire seat back off?

The second area that bothers me is the covers in the centre console- they're scratched and marked (see photo). I've looked several times for replacements for these but just can't find anything anywhere. I wondered about just getting them resprayed but then they wouldn't match the other metal trim, so I'd probably want all of the trim items resprayed to match. Expensive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Part numbers or advice on how to remove the items. Anything would help. Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3640.jpeg
    IMG_3640.jpeg
    747.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3651.jpeg
    IMG_3651.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 13
Have you asked your local MB Parts dept for prices for the damaged trim panels?

Have you asked your local MB Parts dept for prices for the damaged trim panels?
I should have said, yes, I tried getting a price from my local dealer a while back. Called them 3 times to ask for a quote and was promised a call back every time. Nothing. I assumed they just didn't want to do the job? I've had a crazy busy 12 months so I didn't chase any further. I've moved to West Kent now so I have a new local dealer and it's booked in next week to have the recall work done so I'll ask them for a price then. I expect that it will be incredibly expensive to get it repaired at main dealer but would be good to have a comparison so that I can assess the best way forward.

Took the car in to MB Tonbridge for it's ECU Software Update today and they quoted me £325 inc vat to replace the entire front centre console. Seemed quite inexpensive- I expected it to be more. They're having trouble quoting for the replacement speaker cover for the rear bench. They said the system is telling them that they can't buy a new speaker cover and have to replace the entire rear bench section. They're going to research some more and get back to me. I might just try and dismantle the bench and push the dents out myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom