2017 C43 coupe W205 Sat nav update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ollyabbs11

Car
Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe Premium +
Hi,

Purchased a used 2017 c43 coupe car recently and was supposed to be updated on purchase

Trying to do as cost effective as possible,

Have just purchased an SD card on eBay which matched the description inside the car

Have plugged the sd card in but nothing coming up on screen , car did not have one in the unit already have plugged and unplugged but got nothing.

Is this the correct way to be updating my sat nav and is there anything else I should be doing.
Thanks

Attachments

• E7BB226E-3453-482F-9AB9-DCE410976FB7.jpeg
    E7BB226E-3453-482F-9AB9-DCE410976FB7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 91FF2608-9C83-4A32-B1FA-AA8960E2A4C2.jpeg
    91FF2608-9C83-4A32-B1FA-AA8960E2A4C2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Welcome.

Your car may be fitted with either the entry level Audio20 infotainment system with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or the higher-end COMAND Online with built-in navigation.

The CD-Card you purchased is for the former (Audio20 with Garmin). It won't work if your car is equipped with the latter (COMAND).

The car didn’t already have a sd card inserted so could possibly be the command would you be able to tell by a picture?

Welcome.

Your car may be fitted with either the entry level Audio20 infotainment system with the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation on SD-Card, or the higher-end COMAND Online with built-in navigation.

The CD-Card you purchased is for the former (Audio20 with Garmin). It won't work if your car is equipped with the latter (COMAND).

Yes, as far as I can see, your pre-facelift W205 car is equipped with COMAND Online NTG5*2, the latest version of the map is v15.0, and you can buy it here:

www.comandonline.co.uk

The maps update is done via a USB drive, and you'll be supplied with an installation code that is unique to your car's VIN.

You can also opt to update the navigation software itself (and the firmware on the COMAND unit in general), but this involves a trip to your local MB dealer or to Comand UK in Lightwater.

Last edited:
Just looked at the spec sheet defintiely a Comand Online system

Yes, as far as I can see, your pre-facelift W205 car is equipped with COMAND Online NTG5*2, the latest versions of the map is v15.0, and you can buy it here:

www.comandonline.co.uk

The maps update is done via a USB drive, and you'll be supplied with an installation code that is unique to your car's VIN.

You can also opt to update the navigation software itself (and the firmware on the COMAND unit in general), but this involves a trip to your local MB dealer or to Comand UK in Lightwater.
My main dealer did quote me £99 and then £120 obviously if it was simply a SD card then great. Should I take them up on this offer and let them honour this price and snap their hand off 😂

My main dealer did quote me £99 and then £120 obviously if it was simply a SD card then great. Should I take them up on this offer and let them honour this price and snap their hand off 😂

Absolutely go for the £99 offer, I didn't know they still do that! It's the cheapest (legal) way by far to have the COMAND maps updated!

They will update the maps for you (takes about 2 hours), though they'll probably want the car for the day).

And, you can also ask the dealer for a quote for the cost of updating the COMAND firmware (which is a separate process to updating the maps), and, if you wish, also for software updates to the engine ECU and transmission TCU (it's the same process as updating the COMAND firmware).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom