2018 E400 4matic stage 1 mapping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny5

Car
E400 coupe
Afternoon All,

Planning on getting the E400 mapped and would just like some opinions on companies to use, any proven gains, pros and cons.

I’m struggling to find a 4wd dyno locally (kent) to see where it sits as standard and to prove once mapped. But with MB quoting 328BHP standard I’m surprised as it seems faster.... has anyone had the standard and mapped on a dyno?

I’ve spoken to GAD and Road Rage performance. Has anyone dealt with either? They are both quoting 400BHP with a stage 1 map at similar prices.

I know GAD are a leader but after seeing what road rage did with the 3.5 E400 I’m really interested.

Any feedbacks welcome!

I'd take the car to MSL or Evolve. Well respected tuners. Well a phone call first and see what your options are.

Talk to Barry or Phil at Mallory Performance. They have a great set up for custom dyno tuning. Specific to your car, not a generic map. The ECU is not removed as the work is done through the OBD port. You can see real time progress on the customer relay screen.
Stage 1 on my CLS55 took it from 476bhp to 520. 700n torque to 770.
184 mph in 4th. Phil said he wouldn't put it into 5th because my tyres were only rated to 186mph.
Out on the autobahn last month we ran to 170mph before coming up on traffic. Happy days.

What sort of price was the Mallory tune, if you don't mind me asking?

Afternoon All,

Planning on getting the E400 mapped and would just like some opinions on companies to use, any proven gains, pros and cons.

I’m struggling to find a 4wd dyno locally (kent) to see where it sits as standard and to prove once mapped. But with MB quoting 328BHP standard I’m surprised as it seems faster.... has anyone had the standard and mapped on a dyno?

I’ve spoken to GAD and Road Rage performance. Has anyone dealt with either? They are both quoting 400BHP with a stage 1 map at similar prices.

I know GAD are a leader but after seeing what road rage did with the 3.5 E400 I’m really interested.

Any feedbacks welcome!
Try a RaceChip PEDAL BOX first. After my ECU remap pedal lag etc was obvious. Pedal chip fitting easy. Complete different car now :)

How can one be a leader when both companies quote the same power?

Talk to Barry or Phil at Mallory Performance. They have a great set up for custom dyno tuning. Specific to your car, not a generic map. The ECU is not removed as the work is done through the OBD port. You can see real time progress on the customer relay screen.
Stage 1 on my CLS55 took it from 476bhp to 520. 700n torque to 770.
184 mph in 4th. Phil said he wouldn't put it into 5th because my tyres were only rated to 186mph.
Out on the autobahn last month we ran to 170mph before coming up on traffic. Happy days.

I’ll have a chat with them nice one! And if you ever fancy swapping motors for the weekend let me know haha

Try a RaceChip PEDAL BOX first. After my ECU remap pedal lag etc was obvious. Pedal chip fitting easy. Complete different car now :)

Really, Is pedal lag common after a remap then? I checked the website out and it all looks good but did you have it set back to stock and then add the pedal box?

How can one be a leader when both companies quote the same power?

I wasn’t asking someone to review the way in which I worded my post. I was asking for opinions on tuning companies and gains etc.

Your engine was produced by MB with 400hp in the E43. Get the MB map for that?

Your engine was produced by MB with 400hp in the E43. Get the MB map for that?

I don’t know how easy the actual MB map is to get hold of, but whoever maps it will be setting it up very similarly I presume?

I wasn’t asking someone to review the way in which I worded my post. I was asking for opinions on tuning companies and gains etc.

You come across as a GAD Tuning fanboi in yout first post. You should go with them then tell us how it went.

You come across as a GAD Tuning fanboi in yout first post. You should go with them then tell us how it went.

Hahaha Alex that wasn’t my intention, I was actually asking for advice. But as they say opinions are like ****holes everyone has one and most of them stink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom