2019 Mercedes C-Class Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Reading a few reviews of the new C63s models for 2019, and watching the press launch on Mr AMG's youtube video that the models now feature a new all dinamica covered steering wheel, as well as having a rotary drive mode selector mounted similar to the Porsche Sport Chrono package, and on the opposite side mounted buttons for suspension modes and exhaust flaps in addition to this on the centre console... this may explain why the interior configurator view is not working since last December.

Of course it doesn't make any reference to this anywhere on mb.co.uk configurator site currently. Has anybody else noticed this and asked if it is available on UK cars? The C63s coupe in the Mr AMG video was an absolutely amazing piece of kit.

Reading a few reviews of the new C63s models for 2019, and watching the press launch on Mr AMG's youtube video that the models now feature a new all dinamica covered steering wheel, as well as having a rotary drive mode selector mounted similar to the Porsche Sport Chrono package, and on the opposite side mounted buttons for suspension modes and exhaust flaps in addition to this on the centre console... this may explain why the interior configurator view is not working since last December.

Of course it doesn't make any reference to this anywhere on mb.co.uk configurator site currently. Has anybody else noticed this and asked if it is available on UK cars? The C63s coupe in the Mr AMG video was an absolutely amazing piece of kit.

The new controls I believe are standard on the C63s , not sure about the regular C63. Having sat in a couple recently the quality of the new controls is absolutely shocking. As a major touch point in the car they feel cheap and flimsy compared to everything else. I pressed the left hand one and thought it was going to snap off. Apparently these will be fitted to all the AMGs no matter what price they are.

I agree, controls that require you to take your eyes off the road are a retrograde step in terms of safety. I wonder how the likes of a Tesla with near everything on the touch screen manage to get through type approval.

I agree too. In France recently, I hired a Citroen C4 Cactus and you even had to navigate through the touchscreen simply to adjust the temperature; apologies if this is common now - I'm not really used to driving new cars! (Shame really as, apart from that and the terrible automated manual box in the one I drove, it wasn't a bad car at all.)

Not a big fan of this, hate the look of the stuck on iPads in most new cars these days! Plus not sure about the front grille.....

I quite like it. C43 estate will be my next one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom