• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

420SEC in need of full respray (inc rusty wings)

hybridSi

Car
Mercedes 420SEC
Hi Mb'ers, I am new to this but really need some help bringing my Merc up to a higher standard. I love my 1990 coupe (owned for 3years), but it has some rust developing on wings and water coming in through boot seal. Does anyone know a good trustworthy restorer who can also provide a quality respray (midnight blue)? ...Will search posts for recommendations too.

Think you may find the water in the boot is coming from the rear window seal- known weak spot. Not easily rectified unfortunately since the laminated rear screen is glued in place and the bodyshell recess it sits in often rots along the bottom edge. Check the underside of the passenger shelf from inside the boot fro water ingress.

Hey easy stwat.... I said I was a newbie!! Am in South East Surrey/Sussex border.
Thanks BillyW124 & Grober, will do as you advise and see where it takes me....
Might also need someone to tweak the engine too, but will have a look at your link first BillyW124

Sorry. I wasn't having a go I just thought it would be easier for members to recommend somewhere near you if they knew where you lived.:)

Stu

Am just playing stwat....thank you for posing the obvious question first. Am still trying to update my profile. Have you heard of Clive and is he 'that good'? I hope so cos it will be a nice long drive to get to him.

Might also need someone to tweak the engine too, but will have a look at your link first BillyW124

Anything mechanical then get it down to Olly at Prestige Car Service in Horndean. Top guy :thumb:

He is on here under the name BlackC55 and well recommended.

my clk is going hopefully in the summer holidays, spoke to Clive a few times and he seems like a very honest person. He def knows his work.

Regards,
Imran

Anything mechanical then get it down to Olly at Prestige Car Service in Horndean. Top guy :thumb:

He is on here under the name BlackC55 and well recommended.

I just read a really good review on this garage. maybe I should go to Clive for bodywork and these guys for technical ??? Clive does seem to know his stuff...

I just read a really good review on this garage. maybe I should go to Clive for bodywork and these guys for technical ??? Clive does seem to know his stuff...

Anything mechanical, servicing or performance upgrades then Olly would be the obvious choice considering you're not to far, ask the forum members for yourself about him and his knowledge! He is that good he is the Official UK dealer/installer for Renntech tuning parts! :eek: :D

Anything mechanical, servicing or performance upgrades then Olly would be the obvious choice considering you're not to far, ask the forum members for yourself about him and his knowledge! He is that good he is the Official UK dealer/installer for Renntech tuning parts! :eek: :D

Indeed, and IIRC it was Renntech that approached Olly. ;) :cool:

I have seen plenty of posts recommending him and have called them Olly today. Hope to talk with him soon. I do appreciate your advice and will tell him you sent me. Thanks

QUOTE]Indeed, and IIRC it was Renntech that approached Olly.[/QUOTE]
Renntech approached several Indies. Most weren't interested as they're pretty well established and probably wouldn't be able to cope with the extra work.
I suspect it'll be good for a younger business' accelaration though.
Perhaps Ollie's youthful enthusiasm impressed them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom