500E under £5k?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

500E

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 E500 Limited / 2008 C63 AMG
Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a 500E as a weekender car and have £5k to budget...anyone know of any for sale?

There is a swiss Blue 500E @ near £8k and Talbirs awesome black 500E, again both out of my range.

If anyone knows of such a vehicle, please let me know.

Year and colour combo is not important, however good engine, gearbox and paintwork is a must.

Thanks all.

Are you sure?

W124 500E LHD i'm looking for...

I don't think there are even 7 avaliable at any one time!

Please advise.

avoid any at the price.. will soon end up costing u more than that in maintainece quite quickly.. look for low ownership, low mileage for a stable weekend car which will be stress free!

Hmmm, you might be hard pressed to find one for £5,000 unless (as mentioned) it's a bit of dog or stella mileage.

Looking to continent would be your best option, but with the Pound/Euro exchange rate, it's still going to be a challenge - then of course you've got the import duties and UK conversions to pay for.

These were the 4 cheapest E500s/500Es on mobile.de.

1992 car: 295,000kms for €5,333
1992 car: 280,000kms for €5,999
1992 car: 198,000kms for €6,940
1993 car: 270,000kms for €7,000

HTH

Darren

No import duties, just the checks.

All the 500E's are LHD!

I dunno much about these things, but if i cant afford the factory hotrod i build my own, usually cheaper and not hard to make em go faster, you can pick up a 300bhp yank V8 and box for 500ish quid, probably the same again for a clean e class with a broken engine or box. 2000 pound for someone to join the two together if you cant do it yourself leaves you 2 grand to buy extra bits, not a collectible classic but would be just as much fun and the service costs will be loads less. ;)

I dunno much about these things, but if i cant afford the factory hotrod i build my own, usually cheaper and not hard to make em go faster, you can pick up a 300bhp yank V8 and box for 500ish quid, probably the same again for a clean e class with a broken engine or box. 2000 pound for someone to join the two together if you cant do it yourself leaves you 2 grand to buy extra bits, not a collectible classic but would be just as much fun and the service costs will be loads less. ;)

Might work when comparing to a stock MB v8, but a 500E is a very bespoke car and a true classic.

The 2 grand to buy extra bits will end up being spent on upgrading the differential, brakes and suspension to cope with the extra power.

Might as well buy a car that has it all and a whole lot more !

talbir

I recall seeing a 190 on ebay with a yank V8 of some kind.

Make sure you have someone who knows the cars and you trust to look at the cars in Germany. I heard the tales about the far better condition they are kept in, the better quality etc and it all turned out to be false in my price range, which at the time was 10,000 euros.

500E is far more than a 4 door saloon with a V8, if that was the appeal then i'd have chosen a couple of cars over it when I was looking.

Dave!

could also buy a W210 E55 for similar money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom