• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

722.9 New Conductor Plates - Any Better?

Asharm

Car
W202 C280
Hi All,

Wondering if you could help me.

I have a 722.9.

Conductor plate was changed at approx 80,000 miles in around 2015.

Do we know if the new conductor plates are any better than the original?

Are the new ones known to give way like the old?

Well MB have changed the conductor plate maker at least 3 times over the years,and there has been some small improvements,I would say the plates work very well as long as the ATF oil is changed,if your car had 80,000 in 2015 how many miles now,I would change the ATF at 140,000,the only interesting thing about conductor plates is if it was repaired then it can be refitted without coding,but if a new one fitted then it needs coding .

Well MB have changed the conductor plate maker at least 3 times over the years,and there has been some small improvements,I would say the plates work very well as long as the ATF oil is changed,if your car had 80,000 in 2015 how many miles now,I would change the ATF at 140,000,the only interesting thing about conductor plates is if it was repaired then it can be refitted without coding,but if a new one fitted then it needs coding .
Thank you so very much for the reply.

Is ATF oil transmission oil? If so I had mine changed at 115,000 miles approx (original Mercedes) and had a gearbox flush at 125,000 miles (not sure what fluid but at a very highly regarded company). Now at 142,000 miles I have fresh oil and filter from Mercedes and will look to change before winter.

Thank you so very much for the reply.

Is ATF oil transmission oil? If so I had mine changed at 115,000 miles approx (original Mercedes) and had a gearbox flush at 125,000 miles (not sure what fluid but at a very highly regarded company). Now at 142,000 miles I have fresh oil and filter from Mercedes and will look to change before winter.
Yes, ATF is transmission oil. Unless there is a specific reason, you are changing the ATF far more than is necessary.

Yes, ATF is transmission oil. Unless there is a specific reason, you are changing the ATF far more than is necessary.
Again apologies for the late reply.

Thank you for confirming.

I was having some issues changing gear smoothly between 6th and 7th gear I think and the gearbox flush cleared that right up.

This one was because I thought it would be a good time. But no other reason.

Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom