7G auto box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

........The transmission's case is made of magnesium, a first for the industry, to save weight."

Cheers,

Brings the 1955 Le Mans disaster to mind :eek:

Thanks for the info guys

Yesterday and today for the first time since i had the car i have used the manual change and the sports mode and the car seems to respond about a million times better .

Manual you can really explore how quick the car actually is and the fantastic sound the engine makes even thou its a diesel. plus you get to use the paddle changes which when slowing down you can use the engine more to slow down rather than the brakes.

Sports mode seems to give you the more positive take off i was after .

Comfort always changes about a million times just regular driving keep the revs always at the same level which i finding a little hard to get used to ... press accelerate ... engine noise .... push in the back ... great speed ... then look down revs still at 1.5k :cool: hard to get used too lol

I get the occasional jerk in traffic with the SClass. I have spoken to the service manager at Brooklands and there is a software program so that will be done when it goes in for it's first service, told him i was very disappointed.
I would NOT be a happy bunny regarding that response. If you are happy to wait, then fine, but if this issue frustrates you then they should fix it immediately. There is a software upgrade that is supposed to rectify this problem but should new cars still be displaying this symptom?

If the car is not running smoothly then I would not be fobbed off with ANY excuses. 500+ miles is ample, ample time for you to realise if there is an issue?

regards
John

If I remember correctly -- on my car, which only comes with 7-G in UK market, that the auto has more torque than the manual(which is sold on continent) .. because it is tougher..??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom