A Class CarPlay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuperSpurs106

Car
A Class AMG Line Executive A200d 2019
Hi,

Just bought a 2019 A Class (W177) and don’t have Apple CarPlay. According to the Mercedes Me app, this would cost me £299. Is there a cheaper way to do this?

I want to use Google maps on my phone for the sat nav rather than pay the annual Mercedes live traffic subscription.

TIA

The native CarPlay capability has to be enable OTA (Over the Air) and, afaik, that is only possible by paying the MB price.

You could give these guys a call to see if there are any other alternatives, but I suspect if there is that it won’t be cheaper than the MB option:

The native CarPlay capability has to be enable OTA (Over the Air) and, afaik, that is only possible by paying the MB price.

You could give these guys a call to see if there are any other alternatives, but I suspect if there is that it won’t be cheaper than the MB option:
I thought as much but just wanted to check, being new to Mercedes.

Thanks as always.

Is it the Smartphone Integration package? Found it cost 299£
Do I need an Mercedes Me account to install it?
Thank you

Is it the Smartphone Integration package? Found it cost 299£
Do I need an Mercedes Me account to install it?
Thank you
Yes and Yes
And it has to be done via Mercedes me (although at some point someone will no doubt work out how to bypass that but I suspect once that happens you'll regularly lose it whenever there is an Over-the-air update sent by Mercedes_
R

Yes and Yes
And it has to be done via Mercedes me (although at some point someone will no doubt work out how to bypass that but I suspect once that happens you'll regularly lose it whenever there is an Over-the-air update sent by Mercedes_
R

Thank you.
I installed the Mercedes Me and created account, but couldn't add the vehicle, because it still registred with the old owner. Do I need to add the car to my account?

Yes. Talk to dealer. Although I think you may be able to press the help button in car and talk to Mercedes help desk to get it sorted too
R

Yes. Talk to dealer. Although I think you may be able to press the help button in car and talk to Mercedes help desk to get it sorted too
R
Well, it would be great if they can sorted it in this way, will try.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom