• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

A second Quandry

which car - part 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Now to throw a spanner in the works

Toyota Yaris or Nissan Micra

Both group 2 cars
Both 1 litre
Both similary specced

But for same money Nissan can be around 1 - 2 years younger

Thoughts please..

:devil: :devil: Me again,
Now looky here,
That poor grand-daughter of yours must have some input. Grandad might know his cars, but kids have to have street cred, some folks might not like either.

Go for a Polo ;)

Get her an SLK :devil: :D

regards
John the non voter

:devil: :devil: Me again,
Now looky here,
That poor grand-daughter of yours must have some input. Grandad might know his cars, but kids have to have street cred, some folks might not like either.

Go for a Polo ;)

Get her an SLK :devil: :D

regards
John the non voter

You offering the insurance? ..Think it would cost as much as the car - if she could be accepted...yes you're right she needs to put in some input -- but as always its how one phrases the questions...;)

its a no brainer.

look at the results.

In fact, don't ask stupid questions!!:D

I do have experince of a Micra, and a Yaris for that matter and the floating speedo in the Yaris takes some getting used to but the Micra is all show and no go. Bigger than it looks though.

yes you're right she needs to put in some input -- but as always its how one phrases the questions...;)

can I be of help here?

"No you can't have a look at a B*****t Micra! Not now, not ever!"

Thats should just about do it!:D

can I be of help here?

"No you can't have a look at a B*****t Micra! Not now, not ever!"

Thats should just about do it!:D

Nah...I don't believe in the subtle approach...prefer to be straight to the point..:D

Nah...I don't believe in the subtle approach...prefer to be straight to the point..:D

so do I but the swear filter kind of ruins it!

eg. "***** ********* ****** Micra ***** ***** ahahahahaha" >~~~~~ then roll about on floor screaming with laughter!

And just for the avoidance of doubt.

The Micra is a good car. But the Yaris is in a different league!

I post that in case anyone thinks I am knocking them due to me driving a skip etc.

Poor girl, she'll want a bicycle after all this. :rolleyes:

Oh dear! I fear I must differ.
My daughter in law, has a Micra and I've driven it a few times, I've found it very comfortable, very economical and very large inside! It accommodates the three hoodlums who are my grandsons very well. (12,10 and 8, I think!)

OTT...Mutters to self:- Why on earth has "accommodates" got 2 "c"s and 2 "m"s; that always confuses me!:crazy:

Oh dear! I fear I must differ.
My daughter in law, has a Micra and I've driven it a few times, I've found it very comfortable, very economical and very large inside! It accommodates the three hoodlums who are my grandsons very well. (12,10 and 8, I think!)

OTT...Mutters to self:- Why on earth has "accommodates" got 2 "c"s and 2 "m"s; that always confuses me!:crazy:

Because the vowel before is soft...... ah oh not A O

Another Quandry and the first one sorted

Thanks to everyone for their feedback on these two questions - I have today bought her the younger lower mileage Yaris with a years warranty - she is thrilled and I am poorer.....but hey ho you can't take it with you...

Once again thanks for all your feedback - I found it most useful

Thanks to everyone for their feedback on these two questions - I have today bought her the younger lower mileage Yaris with a years warranty - she is thrilled and I am poorer.....but hey ho you can't take it with you...

Once again thanks for all your feedback - I found it most useful
Nice to hear she is happy, well done.

regards
John

Why on earth has "accommodates" got 2 "c"s and 2 "m"s; that always confuses me!:crazy:

It's really simple, because it comes from the latin ad plus the verb commodare. The d in adcommodare subsequently evolved into a c, and there you go :D.

I don't think you've specified the budget here but can I suggest that you have a look at a new Mitsubishi Colt?

The 1.1 engine is group 3 I believe, but we found (for our daughters) that the premium only changes £25 per group.

My youngest daughter has a 5dr CZ1 Colt with a/c that we paid £7500 for a year ago. I've seen them for even less than that since, and the 3dr (which I think looks better) are often advertised for £5999. My local dealer is doing a "Sport" version (trim changes only) for £6500. Mitsubishi also does a 3yr servicing package for £150, so that probably a decent saving too.

I think the car is great value, but it does appear a little "cheap" compared to Mrs R's Jazz, but then it was £4000 cheaper. I feel it's a very honest car and has some neat features, like sliding rear seat. It even has variable intermittant wipers, which my Merc doesn't!!

Only issue is the gearchange can be a bit baulky - ours is OK ish, but they vary apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom