A tale of 2 watches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Seastar 1000 is a pretty chunky thing, but I guess for a diving watch with the depth capacity it’s a given. I love the look, but on my skinny wrists would look ridiculous
The 2000 is even bigger. It's a lot to do with the bezel being the same diameter as the case. The 1000 is 43mm and would look ridiculous on my wrist. Yet I have a 42mm seiko which looks fine.

Going to Abu Dhabi tomorrow week for a short break and going to check out the price of a Breitling Navtimer B01
Such a handsome watch I might treat myself if the price is favourable. A second hand one is also an attractive alternative.
That is a BIG watch.

I have always thought that Panerai are often overlooked. Nice looking with a neat crown protection.

Got my Tag Heuer Calibre 1887 in for service at the moment

£550 lighter but it’s a full strip down, inclusive of all parts and full case and bracelet refinish.

First world pain !!

I have never had my Omega Seamaster serviced - despite owning it for around 20 years. It lives in a winder when not being worn - my daily wearer is now a Breitling Superocean... a lockdown purchase recycling the refund from a holiday.

Reactions: JHS
I have never had my Omega Seamaster serviced - despite owning it for around 20 years. It lives in a winder when not being worn - my daily wearer is now a Breitling Superocean... a lockdown purchase recycling the refund from a holiday.

I had a winder on mine when I first bought it but then figured that i was just wearing my watches out without wearing them so I decided to stop using the winder as a winder and just use it as a display case.

That is a BIG watch.
It is. There is also a 41mm diameter version which may be more suitable.
Looking into pricing further, I'm thinking a previously owned one would make more sense.

Reactions: JHS
Looking into pricing further, I'm thinking a previously owned one would make more sense.

Depending on how new / desirable the watch is then a decent discount should be achievable with not much effort , especially in the present economic climate.

If i were looking for Tag / Omega / Breitling etc i would hope between 10% + 20% if it were to be purchased outright on the day.

Be wary of the used prices as as they may be the same price of a new one after a bit of head shaking and edging towards the door.

K

Depending on how new / desirable the watch is then a decent discount should be achievable with not much effort , especially in the present economic climate.

If i were looking for Tag / Omega / Breitling etc i would hope between 10% + 20% if it were to be purchased outright on the day.
Absolutely.

When I bought my Carrera Calibre 1887 it listed at £3250.

Took the watch they had in stock in the window and got it for £2080

Negotiated 20% off then a further 20% off that as one of the links on the watch was scratched.

That was the link that was removed when sizing !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom