Aaaargh ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Had a mobile servicing company in today to do a service and cambelt change on our old Audi A4. Moved the shiny new Vito to one side of the drive, put the Audi on the other side - gap of about 6'.

Mechanic arrives to do the Audi, first thing he does is test drive it. When he gets back he parks it 2' from the Vito ...

After he's gone guess what my wife finds - a 5" long vertical scratch on the front passenger door of the Vito :mad:

Gave them a call ... not prepared to accept responsibility, but will come and have a look. Needless to say I'm pretty ****** off ...

Some people really don't give a damn do they.
I feel for you, even if no one else does:mad:

Me too. It just always seems to happen. Can you own a car and never have dinks, scratches or dents from some clumsy 'plums'? I go back to mine expecting someone to add to the numerous battle scars we have to endure :mad:

most likely it was done with the floor jack handle. have them bring it by and match the height where the handle would land on the car.

On a previous car, I had a window replaced by car glass while I was at work. When I checked it in the evening, the had chipped off a chunk of the door's wood trim :mad:.

B******* told me it had nothing to do with them, but when I pointed out that (a) they had been the only ones near (inside!) the car and (b) they had no proof of existing damage (the form they normally make you sign was there, and it did include the chip damage, but was not signed by me as I hadn't seen it and had not even been present - clearly filled out after the event when the damage had been done), so I would take them straight to small claims court over it, they agreed to cough up the repair cost.

As you noticed and reported it fairly immediately, and they have no signed form with existing damage signed by you, I would hope you stand a good chance of getting these morons to pay up.

Very sorry to hear that Bill, it realy must P*** you off.

Nightmare; a few days after getting my Mondeo it was parked on my dads driveway; the nice paperboy scraped his bike down the nearside rear door! His tip is no longer forthcoming

I would be spitting bullets, this is your pride and joy and I doubt you have hardly used this very nice, custom made vehicle. :devil: :devil:

Good luck getting it repaired

Regards
John

Thanks guys, they are coming over to look at it later today.

It's just so annoying after we deliberately parked the Audi so far away to make sure this couldn't happen.

The Audi cost me £650 :eek: too, although it was a major service plus cambelt change plus new headlight. In contrast the 'large service' (that's apparently what they call it now!) on my SL this week at a main dealer came to £630 ... that included replacing the brake fluid (as well as plugs, air & oil filters, etc.), new wiper blade, and fitting a new check strap on the driver's door.

At least the Vito has all servicing for 5 years paid up front!

Do you have any "nosy neighbours" who might have seen the incident?
If you have any retired folk around, they tend to be curtain twitchers and could help....maybe.
Its worth asking up to 4 to 5 doors in either direction of your home.

Do you have any "nosy neighbours" who might have seen the incident?
If you have any retired folk around, they tend to be curtain twitchers and could help....maybe.
Its worth asking up to 4 to 5 doors in either direction of your home.

Sadly not. We only have one neighbour as we're at the (dead) end of a row of houses, and even if they'd been in they wouldn't have been able to see anything (the Audi was nearest to their house, with the Vito the other side of it).

Nightmare; a few days after getting my Mondeo it was parked on my dads driveway; the nice paperboy scraped his bike down the nearside rear door! His tip is no longer forthcoming

Get your dad a big dog too .... paperboys love them ... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom