ABS Light disappeared on its own

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ravs88

Car
C204 C220cdi
Hi all
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light. Last week whilst driving, the car was hesitant in stopping (felt has though the brakes were grabbing) a few moments later the ABS /ESP light came on, according to the fault code (C111200 - front right axle rpm sensor) needs replacing.

Well today I got in the car drove it over a speed bumb and the fault light disappeared, I drove the car (very slowly) for about 30 mins thereafter and nothing appeared, all seems to be normal. Of course, because the issue is related to safety I will get it all checked out, weather the sensor needs replacing, pick up ring or whatever.
I was wondering what's the situation, one minute it's throws up an error the next all is well?

Car is a 2011 plate c204.

Cheers

As soon as I read the thread title I thought "Wheel speed sensor". If the sensor is even slightly displaced in its seating it will not function properly. Going over a speed bump could well have rattled it into a position where it works. For now.

The problem could be it's just loose and needs to be properly located, it could be the sensor itself, it could be chafed wiring. Worst case is the reluctor ring (a toothed ring on the hub) is loose or cracked but this is far less likely. Remove the wheel and stick your head in there. The sensor is inserted into the hub and will have a two wire loom attached.

Whatever the cause, it needs looking at. You've already discovered ABS and ESP stop working, cruise control will also stop with that fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom