• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

AC Charcoal Filter

FlypigU

Car
C63 estate
So finally I got time to change the AC pressure switch which located at the bottom of condenser, And booked a ac refrigerant fill session with Alex Crow stowmarket. Fault code B107A15, Phenomenon,Fan is on, and spinning fast even when engine is cold.
For Alex, I wish I could have booked the MOT and service there, instead of AUTOKARE Cambridge. But 0w30 still sit at the right place in the measurement, after 700 mils.

For this thread ,I would like to discuess the Aftermarket filter which I purchased online. I bought them along with pressure switch, and I thought the price discount is good. The Mann filter used in the car CUK29005, cost similar.
Price.png
price CUK29005.png

When I took the previous filter out, I realise that each penny is worth in the car. Shown below the Picture. The Hengst filter is only 271g vs 460g. the main difference for those Charcoal filter, is the amout of charcoal used in the filter. The more charcoal the better absorb ability. The plasitc bits also has weight, so I need to do further investigate, ie filter destructive testing to find out the fiter media weight.
Hengst weight.jpgGenuine part weight.jpghengst details.jpgThe details on Hengst which made in Germany, it has some area which does not covered the Charcoal. As far as can see, the Mann filter part sure can last 2 years compare to the Hengst.: )

The reason I want to change is the car has been sit too long, I would like to make sure the air quality is in top conditions, for Mrs and Kids.
Left Hengst - Right Genuine.jpg
I will try get those parts post to a certificated Lab which could do some testing and buy some more filter parts to check and compare.. If you guys are interested. ie,layers of filter,filter materials,weight of each layer, and filtration efficiency etc. Mainlly using ISO11155-1.

BTW, the Odor remover is nice, Car smell nice and fresh.
Odor remove.jpg

Last edited:
Ops, no one is intrested. lol

Gazwould might be along soon . He will let you know what he thinks of 'aftermarket' filters of any sort. The MANN filter will be as close (or the same) as MB OEM I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom