Adaptive Headlights Error Message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavE400

Car
E53 Coupe
Can anyone shine any light on the following or if they are getting the same "error messages"?
In the last fortnight I've twice had an error message advising the adaptive headlights are not functioning.
The problem has clesared itself on both occassions by turning the adaptive headlight stalk on and off but any suggestions of potential causes/solutions would be appreciated.
The car is a 2019 E450 coupe and is still under warranty

I have managed to find this info and looks like a module could be failing for some reason as it has a "long" life

Last edited:
I have had the message I think twice over 2 years.

I have put it down to possibly poor battery condition as I think it occurred over a period when car was not used much.

Touch wood the msg just went away after next start up after a long run.

Regards
David

I have had this a couple of times with the message "not available", as opposed to a fault being declared. I think it is caused by obscuration of the cameras behind the windscreen or condensation in the camera unit, which clears quite quickly.

I have had this a couple of times with the message "not available", as opposed to a fault being declared. I think it is caused by obscuration of the cameras behind the windscreen or condensation in the camera unit, which clears quite quickly.
I'll pay more attention to the error message if it happens again as it could well be "unavailable". Can't believe its a condensation issue as both times this has happened has been part way through a short journey, I'd expect a condensation issue to have thrown an error at start of the journey?

I have the same problem. In winter only I get the following message "Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus Camera View Restricted". This appears with a clean windscreen and after 5-10 minutes of driving. I believe it is condensation on the camera lens or on the inside of the windscreen in front of the camera lens. I've read other forums and it seems that there is no solution, except to drive on and wait til it clears, either with the camera heater or the windscreen demister. Unfortunately most of my journeys are short so I get the problem often and it doesn't clear.
I have a C Class Estate 2019.
Anyone out there has a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom