• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Adjust MPG calculation of dash - E350Cdi

MrGundam

Car
2012 C207 E350Cdi
Anyone know if it is possible with STAR to adjust how the dash cluster calculates MPG. I have manually recorded each milage at fill-up for 2 years of my ownership and the real MPG is 35.4MPG but the dash says something silly like 40+. It seems to be about 20% out all the time.

Strange, mine has averaged 33mpg over 3 years . The dash never ever says 40+ . Only ever time it did was when In 9th gear and a drive for around 200 miles, has it said 45 mpg.

Strange, mine has averaged 33mpg over 3 years . The dash never ever says 40+ . Only ever time it did was when In 9th gear and a drive for around 200 miles, has it said 45 mpg.
This is what my dash says after 18093 miles. Vast majority of which is motorway driving:

LAywIMp.jpg

But tracking fills myself shows around 35.4 Mpg:

b1FIlO1.png

So it seems to be out by about 13% difference.

Didn't you discover your car had an EGR delete remap? You sure that there wasn't any other tweaks done in that remap? That could put the fueling out.

I don't want to think what my real mpg is, if I get an indicated 34.5mpg. I'm starting to think my trainers might be lead lined.🙄🤔🤣

Anyone know if it is possible with STAR to adjust how the dash cluster calculates MPG.
AFAIK, no.

When I had my W212 E350CDI it consistently reported better fuel economy than reality and I asked the dealer multiple times if there were calibration parameters they could change to fix it, but they never could.

Oddly, the cluster MPG on both my W212 biturbo E63's was always within 1% or 2% of reality - with the cluster reporting higher consumption than reality.

They never report a worse than reality MPG do they....funny that!!! :)

They never report a worse than reality MPG do they....funny that!!! :)
I did a 280 mile trip a few weeks back, car reported 44MPG. A few other trips I traffic etc so below that and when I filled up, calculated the tank as having been 47MPG so it does sometimes go the other way.

I don't want to think what my real mpg is, if I get an indicated 34.5mpg. I'm starting to think my trainers might be lead lined.🙄🤔🤣
Reset the counter once warmed up you'll be getting 99.9 mpg for a short time 😁

Reset the counter once warmed up you'll be getting 99.9 mpg for a short time 😁
Wahoo! If I keep resetting it as I drive, does it act like doing up, up, start, down, right, left, start, up on the PlayStation and give me unlimited fuel?🤔🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom