Admiral multi car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All UK policies do include minimum cover for Europe - but that's only the legal minimum. Some UK policies allow up to 90 days full cover (ie same level of cover as in the UK) while in Europe.

Indeed. I looked at Aviva MC but there were key things I needed that weren’t included in the base quote, such as (amazingly) European cover. The insurers we have gone with are actually ones we have used before, so we are comfortable with that.

We're with Aviva.

The cost of updating from the basic third party European cover to fuly comp on one of our cars three months into the policy was not a lot. (Upgrading for the remaining 9 months was the same as I was expecting for increasing the cover for a few days single trip). Less than the admin charge on some policies.

I recently put our two cars on an Admiral multi car policy and it was by far and away the cheapest option.

We're with Aviva.

The cost of updating from the basic third party European cover to fuly comp on one of our cars three months into the policy was not a lot. (Upgrading for the remaining 9 months was the same as I was expecting for increasing the cover for a few days single trip). Less than the admin charge on some policies.

Yes, that’s what I would have expected - but when I got the quote they wanted about £75 to add Euro cover. The policy I’ve now got includes up to 180 days full cover in Europe.

I recently put our two cars on an Admiral multi car policy and it was by far and away the cheapest option.

Same for me last year! The agent I spoke to was muttering something about introductory discounts for new customers as being part of the reason for the increase this year

I’m pretty sure all UK car insurance will include the minimum level of cover needed to drive in all
EU countries.

That's true but who would be happy driving around the EU with Road Traffic Act insurance cover.

I've just renewed our Range Rover insurance having been with Admiral for 4 years now. This year they came in at £265 and Tesco Bank, via Meerkats, was £225. Normally Admiral will react enough to not make it worthwhile changing. Not this time though as their derisory offer was £259, so I'm now with Tesco Bank.

As for Multi car policies I don't see the point of getting sucked in only to have my pants taken down, on at least 1 of the cars, a year later, and then having to extricate myself from multi car and all that entails. 2 minutes, on comparison sites, twice a year, is not too onerous so that's the way I'll stay.

That's true but who would be happy driving around the EU with Road Traffic Act insurance cover.
Exactly. When I go to Aviva website and add everything I need, basic quote becomes expensive. Only once it was similar to Admiral's but after a move in next few weeks it would go up by 30% while Admiral's would be similar. I asked for quote for new address I was moving to.

I've had 3 on a multi car for a couple of years but the renewals are very irritating. The initial quote is usually more than I can get for the cars individually so you have to go through the aggravation of the phone call where they make out they are doing you a huge favour actually getting it under the combined individual prices. They always do though.
But the last thing was when we bought the c55I figured I'd just tack it on until the skoda sold and then remove that. The quote for the c55 was daft. When I told them so they just sad sorry can't improve it. So I bought a new policy elsewhere which for a whole 12 months was less than the amount for 9 months as a fourth car with admiral. Go figure.
I don't anticipate staying this year.

I’ve had a couple of mine on a multicar policy (Admiral) since the summer with another one of mine due to renew on a separate policy soon.

So I mentioned back in the summer the situation and said I’d consider adding a third vehicle onto the multicar later in the year, even for 8 ish months they want more than an individual 12-month policy elsewhere with very attractive terms/low excess etc...

Not always cheaper to add more, but for the first two cars it was good value :)

Admiral pretty much matched the separate quotes I got for our 3, which pretty much meant them dropping £450!

They did match on the phone, then the bill came through +£450.... phoned and the explanation was I’d been quoted as a ‘new customer’ but they wanted to keep my business.
It took some stiff negotiating, but as I said, I’ll happily stay with you but I’m not paying 30% extra to be a loyal customer.

I’m a ‘new’ customer every year. :) Got my way.

I think companies take the P.

Just by way of follow up. Mrs PXW's new insurer wrote to her to politely remind us that I had a no-fault accident about 4.5 years ago which we had omitted from the renewal details. (We were aware of it, but thought it was more than five years ago - oh well!). None of the policies had started yet, so we got in touch to rectify the mistake. Mrs PXW's insurer wanted a reasonable sounding £26 to correct the error. PXW Junior's insurer wanted £130 (including a £30 admin fee). I'm only on his policy for convenience, so we asked for me to be taken off altogether. That was an increase of £60 (also including a £30 admin fee). So effectively they are saying that my complete absence from the policy increases risk...go figure! And when I contacted my own insurer for the Merc, there was yet another surprise. The premium actually fell by £10, so I got a small refund.

I've decided I will never understand insurance pricing.

I've decided I will never understand insurance pricing.

Non multicar but mine was up for renewel and Esure in there wisdom hiked the price from £700 odd last year to an eye watering £1500 this year! i mean really :mad:

A bit of shopping around found insurance for £830, a tweek to my job title to a factory worker instead of manager brought it down to £703.68 added my dad to the policy £786.00 then on the day of ordering (yesterday) i realised i hadn't ticked the no claims protection, i ticked this and it went down to £628.00 (i thought that would have put it up) and while the guy was talking it fell another £8 ????

Insurance is a complete mystery that i will never understand but it is cheaper on a sunday night for some reason lol.

Oh and Admiral quoted £878.60 with a black box o_O

Non multicar but mine was up for renewel and Esure in there wisdom hiked the price from £700 odd last year to an eye watering £1500 this year! i mean really :mad:

A bit of shopping around found insurance for £830, a tweek to my job title to a factory worker instead of manager brought it down to £703.68 added my dad to the policy £786.00 then on the day of ordering (yesterday) i realised i hadn't ticked the no claims protection, i ticked this and it went down to £628.00 (i thought that would have put it up) and while the guy was talking it fell another £8 ????

Insurance is a complete mystery that i will never understand but it is cheaper on a sunday night for some reason lol.

Oh and Admiral quoted £878.60 with a black box o_O

Are you a manager or a factory worker?

If he is renumerated for work done in a factory, then he is a factory worker.

What specific roles do you think ‘factory worker’ relates to?

Are you a manager or a factory worker?

Both I’m a manager in a factory, machine maintenance, production worker when called for, stock control and purchasing. Just depends on what needs doing on the day this morning I was in production till the new belts turned for the extraction fitted them then up to the office to complete the stock take and do the ordering.

I accumulated rolls as people left or retired.

Insurance firms are keen to detect fraudulent applications, they do share information with each other and could decline to pay out any more than 3rd party claims or, even, prosecute where fraud is detected.

Good thing I work in a factory :)

Insurance fraud is very serious and I’m in no way recommend anyone trying to claim to be something they’re not like a teacher claiming to be an astronaut because it’s cheaper.

Last edited:
My job title / isn't in ANY of the quote or comparison sites....

Have spoke to all the companies I ever place cover with in the vain hope they'll make a special case and add one, but to no avail.
They all record (and keep) the calls so I take their advice.
So far so good as I don't disagree with their prices.

PS I buy insurance for a living (and no I still don't understand PC pricing....)

Choosing the closest fit is one thing, deliberately changing your occupation to reduce the premium is another.

I wonder if more firms have adopted the technology which detects such practice in their pricing systems? I suspect not many, particularly the price matching independent sites.

A senior figure in the industry (bloke down the pub) told me, most large brokers and insurance companies are set up to make virtually no profit in year one to obtain your new business then they increase premiums in year two to make some money, the idea being many people blindly renew due to the hassle factor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom