Advice, input needed about w204 c 350 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChefLupo

Car
Hello everyone,
I'm in Italy looking for a used Mercedes estate for long-haul commuting for work. I need something relatively easy to work on, reliable with readily accessible parts. My previous Mercedes was a SLK AMG R172. I'm familiar with Mercedes petrol engines but I've never owned or driven a diesel. I have found a 2011 pre-facelift w204 c 350 cdi 4matic estate. It has almost 250,000 km on the engine. Practically spotless car, service history at MB from day one. I am familiar with the intake gaskets/o rings around the turbo and inlet pipe that need to be serviced to prevent limp mode, cabin odor, etc. The engine is relatively silent on cold start, no chain rattle, etc. So... anyone here with some sage advice, a yay or nay on the purchase, anything I should know? I see the 320/350 om642 (?) engines with well over 400,000 km quite often here so I'm definitely intrigued. The comfort features etc. are secondary to the reliability, I will be commuting from the top of the boot to the bottom on a regular basis.

Thanks,
Chef

Hi , you are correct that most of the 350 issues are within the region of turbo , inlet port motor , swirl flaps , intake manifolds , oil cooler . All top middle of the engine . If these were all done once I doubt they would need doing again .
Only other thing would be gearbox fluid and filter every 40,000 miles .

Hi , you are correct that most of the 350 issues are within the region of turbo , inlet port motor , swirl flaps , intake manifolds , oil cooler . All top middle of the engine . If these were all done once I doubt they would need doing again .
Only other thing would be gearbox fluid and filter every 40,000 miles .
Thank you. Would the mileage (km's) turn you off? It's just a tick over 249 k, which is close to 155k in miles. Seems like a prime opportunity, but I prefer to do a lot of research first!

Thank you. Would the mileage (km's) turn you off? It's just a tick over 249 k, which is close to 155k in miles. Seems like a prime opportunity, but I prefer to do a lot of research first!
I can only comment that my 109k miles E320cdi is running very well . I suppose it all come down to condition, stuff will need doing at times as cars get older anyway , so hopefully just normal ongoing costs ?
If the car has done all that mileage on a motorway that’s easier miles than stop start around an Italian city :)

I can only comment that my 109k miles E320cdi is running very well . I suppose it all come down to condition, stuff will need doing at times as cars get older anyway , so hopefully just normal ongoing costs ?
If the car has done all that mileage on a motorway that’s easier miles than stop start around an Italian city :)
Agreed, luckily for me most of my time will be spent on the autostrada between Vicenza and Sicily so I will need something that cruises well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom