• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Aftermarket Parts - Worth Trying For Suspension?

sledlife

Car
W204 C350 CDI
Hi, I need to replace a front lower suspension arm on my W204 C Class, thinking of doing it myself but been quoted £160 from MB for the part alone. I notice there are plenty of aftermarket brands which offer the part at around £50 to £80 (Ridex seems a popular brand). Are these worth trying? Or not worth the risk for something as important as suspension? Thanks

Hi, I need to replace a front lower suspension arm on my W204 C Class, thinking of doing it myself but been quoted £160 from MB for the part alone. I notice there are plenty of aftermarket brands which offer the part at around £50 to £80 (Ridex seems a popular brand). Are these worth trying? Or not worth the risk for something as important as suspension? Thanks
Ask yourself how long the original part lasted.

Ridex are cheap, not sure they’re popular.

"Ridex" are AUTODOC'S own brand. Made in South-East Asia (China, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia), Turkey, and the Czech Republic. "Stark" is the other AUTODOC own brand.

Mercedes don't make suspension parts...(or many other parts come to that).....but mostly the factory use Lemförder and Meyle AFAIK.

I've had issues with two Ridex products .... both for the C200.
An O2 sensor lasted less than a year before failing - Replaced it with a Bosch.
A fuel filter caused a strange whining noise, which took some time to settle down and fade away.
Ridex are cheap, but I'll not go there again.

For suspension parts - If you're not going to MB - Then I would go for Lemforder

You may be right....answer was assisted by Google!!!

Trw , lemforder, same company, ZF . Meyle Hd are pretty good also.

Some mb arms come without the rubber bush. 👍

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll try for Lemforder if I can find one online, otherwise will be MB, thanks

I used febi bilstein replacement engine mounts - the right side mount collapsed after the 40 mile drive home.

I used febi bilstein replacement engine mounts - the right side mount collapsed after the 40 mile drive home.
I once bought febi arb bushes for a Toyota MR2 , I may as well of used chocolate bars.

Just for balance I've use FEBI parts many times without issue.....they are part of Bilstein.

Bloody Google!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom