• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Aftermarket Parts - Worth Trying For Suspension?

I just had a look at photos of the original hydrobush that I took at the time (when replacing them a few years back), and the hole in the centre is not elongated, it's a perfect circle. I think that the photo above may be misleading.
Sorry it wasn't clear on the photo. It does have an elongated hole with 4 lines inside. It's not something I'd really considered, will this affect anything when I get my wheel alignment done?

hole.jpg

Sorry it wasn't clear on the photo. It does have an elongated hole with 4 lines inside. It's not something I'd really considered, will this affect anything when I get my wheel alignment done?

View attachment 161546
If it's out they'll struggle to adjust it probably. Usually it's central bolt up on all arms , but you can also get bolts with a slight cam on them to do the same thing if needed.

A fuel filter caused a strange whining noise, which took some time to settle down and fade away.

Had a similar thing in the C240 with a " Mahle " filter, sounded pretty bad so got it replaced ASAP
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Replaced it with a genuine Mercedes part ( on the fuel filter it said " Knecht " ) and no problems at all.

Had a similar thing in the C240 with a " Mahle " filter, sounded pretty bad so got it replaced ASAP
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Replaced it with a genuine Mercedes part ( on the fuel filter it said " Knecht " ) and no problems at all.

Knecht is one of Mahle's brands.....

If it's out they'll struggle to adjust it probably. Usually it's central bolt up on all arms , but you can also get bolts with a slight cam on them to do the same thing if needed.
Ah ok, wish I'd known this but a bit late now, will take it for alignment and see what they say, thanks

That's a photo showing the original genuine hydrobushes that came out of my car:

OLD-Bushes-both-sides-2.jpg

The hole is perfectly round (apart for a tiny bit near the edge)

Below are the new bushes (also genuine MB):

NEW-Bushes-and-rubber-plugs-1.jpg

Again, perfectly round holes.

The camber adjustment was done via the use of these fluted bolts:

A-000-333-10-71-e-Bay-pic.jpg

Last edited:
Something to do with a difference between upper and lower suspension arms possibly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom