• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Alternative W211/S211 Auxiliary Battery Option

rockits

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 E55K Estate; 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE;2004 E500 Estate;2005 Alfa GT V6;306GTi-6;206 GTi 180
Just replaced the aux battery in both the E500 I'm currently selling and the E55K too. After a good look around for an equivalent cost effective alternative part to the OEM part I came across this one.

Seems to be the same spec and size from what I can see and make out. Fitted to both and worked a treat. Just thought I'd share that in case it helps anyone in the same position.

A little dearer for those who like Varta batteries.

A little dearer for those who like Varta batteries.

And on top of a Varta battery you get the added bonus of giving your money to a British company instead of exporting more cash to the US.

And on top of a Varta battery you get the added bonus of giving your money to a British company instead of exporting more cash to the US.
I think you'll find Varta are a German brand, but yes, I'd prefer to deal with European countries than the US and China.

Varta AGM's are made in Germany, which is nice.

Obviously Vertex is manufactured in China, while being sold as an American brand.

Who's to say which country is better? Says he, looking at his laptop, tablet and iPhone.....

I think the point was more about the supplier being UK based rather than where the product was manufactured :)

I didn't think of that:doh:
And that's the problem. As a nation we are very quick to rush to Amazon for reasons that I understand - but with each purchase another chunk of our UK cash gets exported to the US. If we weren't so lazy we could help our own economy by buying from British companies instead of using Amazon all the time.

You can quite easily buy from GB run companies selling British built stuff on Amazon.......lots (most?) stuff on there is sold through them... not by them. My company used to sell though them but now we just use ebay..... only because it was simpler to just use one company. The seller and his location is clearly stated in the listings.

I love the idea and concept to support the UK economy and businesses. Completely agree. However, when the UK govt doesn't do it itself down from the top much of what we do is fairly insignificant in the grands scheme of things. Yes, you could say that every little helps but it should start at the top without question. The UK govt shunned another UK shipbuilder this last week or two reversing off a multi hundred million pound contract that should have supported a UK ship builder.

As someone struggling to keep our heads above water currently due to the squeeze and financial pressures everywhere then unfortunately the pennies come first.

Varta AGM's are made in Germany, which is nice.

Obviously Vertex is manufactured in China, while being sold as an American brand.

Who's to say which country is better? Says he, looking at his laptop, tablet and iPhone.....

The manufacturer (importer?) is an Italian company, it seems:

51sAtAq61IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom