Ambient Lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gman88

Car
C Class
hi guys, posted a few weeks back about ambient lighting, don't have it much to my disappointment 😔

Didn't really know much about it when I got the car and have since experienced it in a friend's and l love it 🤣

Anybody know if mercedes would install it and how much it would be roughly?
When feeling round the interior/trim it would appear there is space for it.

I know I know, shouldve researched before buying 🙄

I doubt that they will retro install it. Others may know more but as far as I know your car will have neither the wiring nor switches. FWIW although I ordered ambient lighting in the SL and also had it in my SLK, it is not a big deal and after a month or two you forget you have it.

It can be retrofitted, but it's unlikely that the dealer will touch it, and if they did the labour charges would be horrendous.

I did enquire about it with Comand UK when they retrofitted other bits to my car, was told it's a pig of a job because none of the wiring looms are on place so it will require lots of trim removal and lots of loom fabricating, so I didn't go for it. And BTW, if you do decide to get it retrofitted, keep in mind that you'll need to have this feature SCN coded to the car using STAR, otherwise the SAM won't know it's there.

Incidentally, on most models ambient lighting was part of a Luxury pack, that included other bits such as illuminated door handles etc.

Your best bet is to try and find a simple aftermarket kit that will do the same job (and ideally without looking naff).

One of those things that, if you have it, you don’t really notice or use it but if you don’t have it, then you obsess over it :wallbash:

I am planning to install an Android Stereo system on my C180 Kompressor(Petrol) - UK Right hand drive. Any suggestions or should I avoid doing it.

I am planning to install an Android Stereo system on my C180 Kompressor(Petrol) - UK Right hand drive. Any suggestions or should I avoid doing it.
My suggestion is to start your own thread and not hijack one totally unrelated to your question. You will get more answers that way.

Also, try using the search function as the fitting of after market head sets has been discussed many times .

I have retrofit ambient lighting in my 2003 SL. Happy to post pics when I get home from work this evening.

It can be retrofitted, but it's unlikely that the dealer will touch............

Anything can be done for a price.

It cannot be easily retrofitted, as a MB original for a reasonable price, which is presumably what the op was thinking/asking about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom