Ambulances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
back to the helicopter comment. it is because not all hospitals have the resources to have one, neither do all have a helipad.

where i work, we are fortunate to have a helicopter and our own pad, however all the other hospitals here dont, and if a helicopter is sent to the other hospitals the chopper has to land in a nearby big enough park and the police have to be there to close is down temporarily. also in that case an ambulance must be waiting to finish the rest of the journy off by road.

therefore it is not always the best solution to use a chopper.

back to the helicopter comment. it is because not all hospitals have the resources to have one, neither do all have a helipad.

where i work, we are fortunate to have a helicopter and our own pad, however all the other hospitals here dont, and if a helicopter is sent to the other hospitals the chopper has to land in a nearby big enough park and the police have to be there to close is down temporarily. also in that case an ambulance must be waiting to finish the rest of the journy off by road.

therefore it is not always the best solution to use a chopper.

You use the chopper to get as close as you can and do the rest of the journey by car or motorcycle thus minimizing the road element of the trip and as such the possible dangers along with it. I would suspect an ambulance is only needed for casualties but in this case the OP is referring to organs for transplant delivery so an ambulance would not be required.

Nice to see someone brought this thread back from the dead after 18 months :)

Last edited:
Yup, bizarre first (and only) post too.

Truly bizarre that someone has gone to the trouble of registering on the site just to post such a useless comment. I was thinking of reporting it as spam, but I can't see any linkies? :dk:

Give it a few days....

lol, i didnt even realise it was that old.

Now would be a good time to resurrect another thread.

How many on here are aware that legally speaking, ambulances aren't considered an emergency service?

If you haven't already done so, please sign the e-petition in my thread :thumb:

I think you'll find that the newcomer will soon have some advice for sale for people caught speeding... :rolleyes:

Spam it is.

Perhaps he came close to entering those pearly JohnGates and had to share his wisdom :dk:.

Repeating the same message as you posted before, with or without underlining, doesn't make it any more valid.

The important thing in this case is whether or not the driver was trained and authorised to exceed the speed limit on a public road.

Reported. Hopefully we can let this thread die shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom