• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

And the fastest accelerating street-legal car in the world is ...

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
... a 1993 Vauhall Calibra of course (if you've read this month's Top Gear mag). Subtle bonnet bulge accomodates an 11.5-litre Chevvy V8, giving a NOS-assisted output of 1400 BHP
DSC_28491.jpg

Hence 0-60 in 1.25 secs :eek:

It's fully UK road-legal with tax, MOT, and insurance:
DSC_30503.jpg

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/streetracejun05/Default.asp?MSID=26f4584101704fd9b5b327d6ebede63c

CHAVtastic! :D

I have seen that go down the track at Santa Pod. Cant remeber what the time was but the speed over the line was 187Mph. IIRC was about 6 seconds.

*EDIT* just read on the link

- Best times so far:

1/4 mile in 8.14 sec @ 174mph

Last edited:
Don't imagine that bonnet bulge helps the Cd much!

Pretty awesome for a street legal car though.

Edit - bet it caused a stir at the MOT testing station!

As far as I'm aware NOS is not legal for use on the road.

I wonder where that "road trip" photo was taken. They all appear to be on the wrong side of the road and all appear to be driving American cars. Wierd.

Oh and for all you out there with kids addicted to "Bob the Builder" doesn't the car behind look like Lofty? "Erm, I think so...." :)

From what I can make out that would be part of the road route that they run when it was over the US.

The others would be the other street legal racers in the class.

I read about this before - it is indeed a US competition, and in the "class" all cars must be road legal. Part of the requirement is that they must drive a mile or so (IIRC) on public roads and fill up with unleaded, before returning to the drag strip. I suspect this photo was taken doing exactly that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom