Anyone ever cleaned out the EGR/intake pipe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a 2010 E350 CDI W207. So it should be the same engine.
I cleaned the mixing duct last week when I replaced the intake swirl flap actuator and the oil cooler seals.
It was quite dirty even with EGR delete by map.

Hi Tommy
I would have a guess that if you have an EGR delete, but it's still getting dirty, then the EGR valve isn't seating correctly and remains open a tiny fraction. A blanking plate might be an option to solve this (not usually necessary with a part that operates correctly i.e. remains closed).

If you have iCarsoft or similar, you might be able to interrogate to see if it is recording a position error.

Hi Ed,

I have a 2010 E350 CDI W207. So it should be the same engine.
I cleaned the mixing duct last week when I replaced the intake swirl flap actuator and the oil cooler seals.
It was quite dirty even with EGR delete by map.

See attached pre & post pictures of the pipe which sits inside the mixing duct.
The bad picture of the mixing duct is during cleaning process. The pile of dirt is just a bit of what I got out from the duct.

Just give me a shout if there´s anything I can help you with.

Cheers
Tommy

View attachment 98308View attachment 98309View attachment 98310View attachment 98311
Hi tommy, can please show me how to remove remove that part and pipes thanks

Managed to get the plastic shield with the 2 bolts highlighted earlier off - it is just two bolts, there isn't another below, it's just kind of 'hooked in'.
Hello, To get the plastic shield off - Is it just a matter of pulling upwards after the two top bolts are out?
Would really appreciate any advice on this.

Essentially, yes!

The bottom is kept in via a rubber 'bung' that positions it, and then the top two bolts secure it in place.

Essentially, yes!

The bottom is kept in via a rubber 'bung' that positions it, and then the top two bolts secure it in place.
Thank you very much for a quick response,
I guess then it's just a matter of applying more force and will power

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom