• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ASR on a CLS 350 Shooting Brake

BeckyMac33

Car
Mercedes CLS350 Shooting Brake
Afternoon!

I've got a 2014 CLS350 Shooting Brake. How do I know if it's got ASR?
I have found, a couple of times, pulling out onto a roundabout, with a little extra throttle, the beast spins up rather sharpish. Also doing about 15mph, went to overtake a cyclist, didn't particularly boot it, slight damp round, and the car had a half attempt at a snappy rear end, in motorcycle terms, nearly a high side 🙈 Is this normal? Don't feel as if I'm being heavy footed... Thanks!

The CLS feels much more special than the E-Class and the engine is fantastic, surprisingly quiet and refined too especially as it's a V6.

The 2.1 diesel in the E-Class is incredibly reliable but is noisy and clattery and doesn't feel particularly refined. I have the same engine in my C250d (I think the only difference is the 250d has an additional turbo) and it's quite harsh on a cold start

The car has ESP, ASR is part of ESP.

ESP takes time to react, if you have poor tyres, or summer tyres in cold temperatures, the wheel will spin up quicker than the car can catch it and it will do a shimmy.

You may want to check the state of the tyres if it does it a lot.

The CLS feels much more special than the E-Class and the engine is fantastic, surprisingly quiet and refined too especially as it's a V6.

The 2.1 diesel in the E-Class is incredibly reliable but is noisy and clattery and doesn't feel particularly refined. I have the same engine in my C250d (I think the only difference is the 250d has an additional turbo) and it's quite harsh on a cold start
Yeah it's certainly an agricultural unit 🚜

momix
indigocard.xyz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom