• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Audio 20 screen delamination repair.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Car was stood outside for over 50 days during an overseas work trip (started up after a bit of cranking without needing any assistance , but thats another thread altogether) I got in and saw what looked like a screen protector laminate bubbling on the screen . Iv had the car about 5 years and it's a 2006 so I thought no way is that an original screen protector !

I was correct , out of the blue the screen had simply de laminated .

View attachment 149302 View attachment 149303

EEK ! I thought . But the interweb came to my rescue and I sourced a replacement screen , not something MB can help with . Ironically it was from the USA (via China) and I had just returned from the USA and could have saved on the postage cost :doh:

View attachment 149304 pry.jpg cover off.jpg A bit nerve racking prying it all off , but ended well . great result. I wasnot intrested inreplacing the whole unit (they are quite cheap second hand ) as I want to keep it as stock, maybe a used one was about to de lamintae at anyway .

Question is I have not seen this on the forum or any others (not that I was searching) but it must be failry common as thre must be tons of old MB's out there with this screen and the fact that someone has bothered to replicate it . Probably happens mor in hot countries.

Anyone on here experienced this fault ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom