Auto linkage w123 280e 1984

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MohammadSofiyudin

Car
W123 1984 280E
Hi this is detail of my car
1984 280E Euro A/T Engine 110.988 RHDTransmission 722.300 Is there anyone can help me to adjust my shift point? My 1-2 would not shift before 3.500 rpm, and it will shift if i let go of my pedal, i already checked:
- modulator pressure per spec 2.8 bar after 1981
- throttle linkage per spec 345mm connecting rod (2) to slotted lever
- connecting rod from throttle valve to guide lever 75mm
- checked vacuum modulator with no leak
- checked atf level are below max when hot Seems i cant adjust my bowden cable because there is no nut adjuster. And the shift quality are harsh on 1-2

Everything that you're saying indicates a vacuum leak aside you saying that you checked the vacuum on the modulator.

Everything that you're saying indicates a vacuum leak aside you saying that you checked the vacuum on the modulator.

Thanks for the reply, I tested it with mityvac it holds, i change the modulator pressure with vacuum line plugged at 2.8bar , should adjustment nut present on the bowden cable? Or it is not adjustable?

Thanks for the reply, I tested it with mityvac it holds, i change the modulator pressure with vacuum line plugged at 2.8bar , should adjustment nut present on the bowden cable? Or it is not adjustable?

OK but silly question. Are you getting vacuum to the modulator? You need to disconnect the vacuum line and put a vacuum gauge one it. There may be a break in the line on the modulator and the intake which would cause your symptoms.

A couple of videos you may find helpful?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A couple of videos you may find helpful?

Thanks for the video!

hi, already checked vacuum modulator, it holds vacuum. The bowden cable that i have is have a lot of slack, and i dont think i can adjust it to tighten it, because there is no nut adjuster.

The early diesels adjusted the bowden cable by lengthening or shortening one of throttle linkages-Don't know if this applies to the M110 PETROL or not?
87148d1290900074-please-clarify-bowden-cable-adjustment-img0061a.jpg

THIS THREAD MIGHT HELP
throttle linkage – Robs Mercedes Corner
the throttle linkage on the LHD car seems to be rod and lever
DSCN6676-1200x675.jpg

and I'm going to guess it might be boden cable on RHD- Thats the one running across the engine????????????? HOWEVER one picture got my attention!
DSCN6677-1200x675.jpg

Is that the gearbox boden cable adjustment- lower centre of picture running left to right?

YES. just an educated guess on my part. but seems to fit. after marking its current position [ so it could be reversed if necessary] you could try adjusting it for effect if you agree? Cables tend to stretch with age so I guess shortening the link might be an idea- meaning it would operate at a lower throttle opening?

Last edited:
Okie i will try! Thanks for the help

YES. just an educated guess on my part. but seems to fit. after marking its current position [ so it could be reversed if necessary] you could try adjusting it for effect if you agree? Cables tend to stretch with age so I guess shortening the link might be an idea- meaning it would operate at a lower throttle opening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom