• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

bargain of the century

Dont want an RE SE12 by any chance do you?

Just upgraded to a Crystal CMP X2 :rock:

na mate, 2 daimond m6's with there stupid high sensativity gettign 600 a piece from a dls a6 is my bass plan atm

them SE12's are mental tho

Ah, 2 M6's will be sweet! Reminds me, i have an old DLS sub i must chuck up on ebay...

Yeah i had my se in a 2.5cuft ported to 34hz
Powered off a crossfire beastie
Bout 700RMS at this load...will show 1350 to my CMP X2

Really really impressive sub for the money is the SE!!!

aye cant fault the resonant engineering tofr making good subs (i did toy withe the idea of having 6 re 8inch subs in my boot but thought na may as well go for the diamonds)

It must be great to speak two languages :D

Quick question on subs for you two, my Alpine head unit has a sub output on the back, does this need at go to an amp or can it go straight to a sub??

Most likely will need to go to an amp. It's probably been filtered already though, which may remove your need for a crossover, or the need to use crossover settings on an amplifier.

lotusmark2 said:
It must be great to speak two languages :D

Quick question on subs for you two, my Alpine head unit has a sub output on the back, does this need at go to an amp or can it go straight to a sub??

It needs to go to an amp via RCA's, that output is as scott says filtered.
on an alpine you will be able to choose at what frequency you want the crossover to be at (80hz, 100hz or 120hz from memory) and you can also control just the level of the sub without affecting the other midrange speakers.

You will usually find on a headunit it uses an active crossover and on an amp a passive crossover, both have their own strengths/weaknesses, but for pre amplification signal purposes active is better.

HTH

V12 said:
It needs to go to an amp via RCA's, that output is as scott says filtered.
on an alpine you will be able to choose at what frequency you want the crossover to be at (80hz, 100hz or 120hz from memory) and you can also control just the level of the sub without affecting the other midrange speakers.

You will usually find on a headunit it uses an active crossover and on an amp a passive crossover, both have their own strengths/weaknesses, but for pre amplification signal purposes active is better.

HTH

Errrrmmm ok
confused.gif

Not looking at cutting edge or breaking the bank so one of these sub boxes with an amp built in would be ok??

tbh stay well away from these vibe active sub things

get the sub i linked to earlier and then a cheap monoblock amp (magnat do a nice one), fit the sub inot a sealed enclosure (they give you every think you need to buy wood and bild asub box in the instructions) hey presto better bass than a active box

then once youhave the kit if you dont fancy pulling carpets up to install it yourself and pokign a hole through your bulkhead an install will be able to do it (not sq plus tho as they only install kit you buy from them)

try postign this over on www.talkaudio.co.uk as it is a dedicated ice forum so you will get more answers

samuelellis said:
tbh stay well away from these vibe active sub things

get the sub i linked to earlier and then a cheap monoblock amp (magnat do a nice one), fit the sub inot a sealed enclosure (they give you every think you need to buy wood and bild asub box in the instructions) hey presto better bass than a active box

then once youhave the kit if you dont fancy pulling carpets up to install it yourself and pokign a hole through your bulkhead an install will be able to do it (not sq plus tho as they only install kit you buy from them)

try postign this over on www.talkaudio.co.uk as it is a dedicated ice forum so you will get more answers

Cheers for the help

reason im saying stay away from these active box things is mostly they are all tuned really high so dont sount that good (the infinity basslink x is one of the few that sound good that is coming to mind atm)

all depends how much your willing to spend as my sub amp is lookign at a good £600+ and then the 2 subs im gonna be using are £360 a throw

U can't knock SQ Plus (or anyone else!) for not installing stuff you don't buy from them. They did a superb job on my car, boxing in the amp and changer unit as though it had been done when the car was originally built. Well worth it IMHO.

ahh, see I was looking at an active sub for £60 so I dont think we are playing the same game, it is just to give a little more uumfff to the DVD audio.

ah the ice bug will bite you

tbh the infinity basslink is a good all in one, what sort of bass are you lookign for boomy and low and rumbly or are you after sommat more musical

jukie tbh i dont really like sq+ i feel there overpriced, some mdf, fibrelgass and carpet ah it is easy enough for any local delaer to do and quite a bit cheaper as well

ah not cared about fast accting tight bass then (thats what im after)

i will ahve a look for sommat that would suit later ok mate

i agree with samuel...

However if you want cheap, there is an infinity basslink in the classifieds on talkaudio...

Otherwise i have a spare RE SE12, which is quite a mental sub for the price!!

Cheers :rock:

actually a re 12 inch running off a magnat monoblock that could be had for £120 more or less in a small sealed enclosure would be lethal (even more so ported you loose more boot space that way)

v12 you heared the blade ice demo corsa with the three RE xxx 's my god that will be loud now it has the tru amps in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom