• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Battery Alternator visit workshop

which one of these is it not to turn wrong way?
Number 6 , the crankshaft. You wont be able to do it by hand anyway . If it does move by hand you have big problems better not contemplated. It might be a dynamic balance type pulley , they do wear. Others on here know more than me about that bit and will be along soon to help out.

just got a price for the tightener pulley and the belt tighteners from local factor is £108 for these and £49 for belt. im off out now to test the pulleys. as have to order by 1pm today to be able to get them or cannot get home lol

so just went out to check the pulleys and confirm belt route and i think i found the issue lol. there was the housing their originally which i thought was part of the belt but that's drop down will get when i take the other stuff off. to replace. all pulleys order and new belt. seems the pulley came apart , failed completely

what do you guys think i can replace just the pulley here or the whole assembly. A271 200 05 70 or the a271 200 02 70, i dont have access to ramps or jacks at work.
whast best way to get out the spring part out.

Attachments

• c180f.jpeg
    c180f.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • a2712000570.JPG
    a2712000570.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 3
  • A2712000270.JPG
    A2712000270.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
There will be plenty of videos on YouTube about replacing the belt tensioner. I recommend you watch one before starting, especially if you've never replaced one before.

There will be plenty of videos on YouTube about replacing the belt tensioner. I recommend you watch one before starting, especially if you've never replaced one before.
none i have found so far show doing the whole thing only the pulley side not the spring element on a w203 m271

none i have found so far show doing the whole thing only the pulley side not the spring element on a w203 m271
Sorry, my mistake but to be fair if you look at any tensioner removal video I hope it will give you some idea what is involved as most work in the same way. Good luck.

Changing just the plastic part is much easier in the field than replacing the whole thing. Sometimes the centre bolt is a tamperproof type with a pin in the middle. You’ll need the appropriate tool if thats the case

Thanks

yes i have bene watching a few videos of the such to get a feel for it. yeah brought the wrong tool set to work, all my star stuff is in my other set, so will be a job for tuesday now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

so the two pulleys are off and the new pulleys and belt is on, just putting back together. but dont have a torq wrench to check the nm but have not done up to tight yet. as you can see not much left of one of them.

Attachments

• c180 pulleys.jpg
    c180 pulleys.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 2
Did you use threadlock fluid on the centre bolt or did the new one come pre coated ?
Hi
I did put some thread lock on the bolts, when I put in, took a few attempts to get in on one of them , guess will double check they are still tight enough after. A few miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom