• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Beautiful CL500 4.7TT in a rare colour. AMG pack

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Pretty car. So much nicer than all the black and silvers with gloomy black guts that seem to be everywhere....why are new Merc buyers such a boring lot? :) ....look at the BMW colour mix on the roads....much more varied.

That’s a lovely combination of colours.

I really like black, grey and silver paintwork - especially on Mercedes - but I really really like a contrasting light coloured or colourful interior, but they’re not common in the UK.

Black is my least favourite interior colour, but it’s the only option to achieve contrast with silver paint, and so all of my silver cars have a black interior, and all of my non-silver cars have coloured interiors.

I’d love there to be more colour choices - inside and out - in the UK. Whether the market decided or MBUK decided, we’ve ended up with limited interior and exterior colour palettes in the UK, which is a shame.

Wow, stunning motor! 😎🙂👍

Yep......the interior is great.....might just be me but I find those part wood steering wheels a bit OTT!! I'd prefer it all leather.
I wasn't keen on it when I had my CL420 but in your hands, it feels really good. But then it might just be me because I play snooker and it's the same feel as holding a snooker cue (well a very bent one 😆 )

Pretty car. So much nicer than all the black and silvers with gloomy black guts that seem to be everywhere....why are new Merc buyers such a boring lot? :) ....look at the BMW colour mix on the roads....much more varied.

I've been idly looking at C300e's with Airmatic today. What's wrong with some blue, some chrome and some classy AMG-type 5 spokes?

They ones I've been browsing are mainly black, silver or grey. They are more often or not murdered out with wheels predominantly painted in brake dust- coloured grey and black. Why are MB ruining perfectly good wheel designs with all that dark paint? Seats are black. Headlining is black (WHY??). And one of them's got the vajazzle grille.

I'm obviously just getting old.

That CL, meanwhile, is just stunning. So much want.

Lovely - Hats off the the original owner for specking that colour combo...

Same colour combo as my old Astra Coupé :)

I think I would probably prefer the CL though. :banana:

I've been idly looking at C300e's with Airmatic today. What's wrong with some blue, some chrome and some classy AMG-type 5 spokes?

They ones I've been browsing are mainly black, silver or grey. They are more often or not murdered out with wheels predominantly painted in brake dust- coloured grey and black. Why are MB ruining perfectly good wheel designs with all that dark paint? Seats are black. Headlining is black (WHY??). And one of them's got the vajazzle grille.

I'm obviously just getting old.

That CL, meanwhile, is just stunning. So much want.
As the demographic of Mercedes buyers and drivers becomes younger, the way they’re designed and specified becomes more fashion-led. The demographics have changed dramatically in a relatively short space of time. Did speccing cars like that attract more young people or did more young people demand it? I don’t know.

Twenty years ago a Mercedes driver in their 20’s was a real rarity, and I would say it’s commonplace now. Mercedes has always been an aspirational brand, and it’s still aspirational but is much more accessible to all - including the young - than it ever has been with finance deals and smaller and less expensive models.

Without that happening then Mercedes may not have survived, and I almost certainly wouldn’t have been able to afford a Mercedes. I dare say that quite a few MBClubbers wouldn’t have been able to afford a Mercedes by this point in their life if they were born say 40 years earlier.

Reactions: HB
Same colour combo as my old Astra Coupé :)

I think I would probably prefer the CL though. :banana:
Soooky. The Astra Coupe was the one exception to me choosing a light or colourful interior. The beige bits looked lovely but the brown dashboard looked so very wrong. I wanted beige but bottled it and went black at the point of ordering. Lovely car though, I had Europa Blue.

Wow, lovely . Same interior as my sorely missed SLK 55. If I had £ 20 k sitting in the bank I would be taking a test drive asap. Unfortunately just spent £ 6k this morning on a couple of new Stressless settees which will not excite me nearly as much but my wife has told me that I will be pleased in 3 months when they arrive. We will see 🤣

As the demographic of Mercedes buyers and drivers becomes younger, the way they’re designed and specified becomes more fashion-led. The demographics have changed dramatically in a relatively short space of time. Did speccing cars like that attract more young people or did more young people demand it? I don’t know.

Twenty years ago a Mercedes driver in their 20’s was a real rarity, and I would say it’s commonplace now. Mercedes has always been an aspirational brand, and it’s still aspirational but is much more accessible to all - including the young - than it ever has been with finance deals and smaller and less expensive models.

Without that happening then Mercedes may not have survived, and I almost certainly wouldn’t have been able to afford a Mercedes. I dare say that quite a few MBClubbers wouldn’t have been able to afford a Mercedes by this point in their life if they were born say 40 years earlier.

Yeah, I guess these trim levels are probably aimed at a more blingy younger demographic in the UK, anyway.

And yet I do a search on Passat hybrid estates, for example, there are plenty in Tanzanite, all with chrome trim and none with blacked-up wheels. They look great. Volvos are similar.

God know why MB can't so the same. It's been a staple look for the brand for decades. From the first W124 I drove through the first AMG I drove (W211 E55) and all the way up to very recent cars like a C350e I found the other day.

ALL of the C300e's I've found so far with the spec I want (ie Airmatic, pano, Burmester) have had the chrome delete. To me it's a red line - I'd either have to reverse it (although that would probably cost £££'s) or just give up and go somewhere else.

Gorgeous, isn't it? :thumb:

Yep......the interior is great.....might just be me but I find those part wood steering wheels a bit OTT!! I'd prefer it all leather.
I tend to agree - i believe it starts with a part wooden wheel and before you know it you're wearing mustard cords, loafers and no socks.

I tend to agree - i believe it starts with a part wooden wheel and before you know it you're wearing mustard cords, loafers and no socks.

LOL. Where's my cravatte?

To avoid wardrobe malfunctions, I think all Mercs should have black.

Yuk....the sooner the mat paint fad goes the better......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom