Becker map pilot won't connect in car after firmware update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Surreygraham

Car
C class coupe 2014
Having found a cable that works to connect my Becker unit I then did a firmware update following Becker's advice. I backed up my data first.

All seemed to go well until I connected the unit to the car. The nice Becker logo appears and then a little timer shows as it tries to connect the unit. It then tells me that no unit is connected and starts the whole process again.

I have tried pressing the restart button on the unit which makes no difference at all.

I really wish I had checked this was working before handing over my 'hard earned' for the car as it is one of the reasons I bought this model.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and fixed it please?

Mate, I have the same issue, after some months now my audio20 menu ntg4.7 changed to ntg4.5 and my reverse camera and media receiver doesn't work anymore

Mate, first my becker module stoped functioning, I have the same issue, after some months now my audio20 menu ntg4.7 changed to ntg4.5 and my reverse camera and media receiver doesn't work

I’ve just about given up with it. Becker support keeps telling me the same thing over and over. Very disappointing for my first Mercedes. Back to BMW I guess.....even my Land Rovers haven’t been this bad!!

I thought I’d update with my findings and resolution.

After going backwards and forwards with Becker and getting the same response, I had another go on my own.

As stated, the firmware update kept failing when pressing the reset button. They should have been a software update available as I was on 3.0.16 and 3.0.18 should have been seen in the Content manager - but it wasn’t. Becker support kept telling me how to find it but it wasn’t there!

Then I spotted that the device ID at the bottom of the content manager did not match that in the back of the unit. I then found that the xml file in the device had the incorrect ID. Given that I had nothing to lose I edited the file and matched it to the device ID. Then disconnected and reconnectted the device and restarted content manager.

I still had problems so Becker suggested a reformat which I did. Rechecked the xml ID.

Success. The software update appeared which I downloaded and ran. I now have an up to date device with the correct firmware and software.

Becker kindly gave me some old maps and I have a working device.

This all took me hours and hours - I don’t give up easily - and I hope I never have a problem again or have cause to use Becker support. I will be staying away from these in the future!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom