Blummin Amps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iyse

Car
Porsche Boxster
I noticed my bass wasn't working today, so I checked the amp, and no light wa coming on. Checked all fuses, remote wire etc. No problems. Took it to halfords and told them I had it fitted at a halfords elsewhere (lie). The guy looked at it, tested everything, and told me it was most definitely the live wire because the amp wasn't getting any power, but that he couldn't do anything about it today because it was too dark. I'm gonna go there tomorrow, but it's gonna delay my trip back home to London for the weekend. :(

I don't get it, I had a look at the live, fuse is fine, screwed in fine, connected to the amp fine, but it's not working. :(

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow, but not after a long night of it being all I'll be able to think about.

Have you checked all the earth wires, one may have come loose?

Worse comes to worse, im sure you could drive to london without an amp!

Shouldnt be anything to serious. Just a case of checking all end connections are ok. At worst you could have a split in your remote wire? Or did they say it was the main feed?

A way of testing this is to get a small wire and bridge the main feed to the remote. If the light comes on the you have found your fault.

Althought to test remote disconnect main feed and bridge and to test main feed disconnect remote.

Hope that makes sense.

I dunno exactly what he said, but he did check the battery, the remote, the earth and the live with a tester. The battery checked out fine... Obviously. I had a look at the earth and I just disconnected it, turned the connecter around and reonnected it. The earth seems to be fine, as something else has already been earthed to it. I don't see how it could be the live, as the fuse isn't blown and there aren't any cuts in it... But that's what this guy reckons. I suppose I could try bridging the remote to see if that's the problem, but I'm taking it in around 12 noon today so this guy can have a look at it (hopefully for free seeing as I told him a different halfords installed it).

Maybe this guy's totally misread everything and the amp has blown... I dunno. At least it'll be light this time when he checks it, as opposed to night.

OK, so either the fuse from the live was blown and didn't look it, or it was dodgy. The guy from halfords replaced it free of charge, what a nice chap. And my trip to London was accompanied by fantastic bass lines, which I'm sure irritated many people in the traffic jam that is the M25. :D I'm so happy!

Iyse said:
I don't get it, I had a look at the live, fuse is fine, screwed in fine, connected to the amp fine, but it's not working. :(

I looked at my car engine once ....... that didnt fix it.

miro said:
I looked at my car engine once ....... that didnt fix it.

Point taken...

jaymanek said:
Worse comes to worse, im sure you could drive to london without an amp!

After experiencing an updated sound, it's horrible knowing that it doesn't work... What else was I supposed to do for 2 1/2 hours apart from pump bass notes through my skull? I get bored with cars games. :p

I could probably cope without the sub, but I admit no radio is terrible. Longest I've had to go is about a weeka dn it was killing me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom