• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Boot release not working

PhilD82

Car
C220
Hi, I have a W205, which has developed a fault with the boot opening mechanism

I can open the boot via the key fob, switch on drivers door and via the key slot on the boot lid but the release lever on the boot lid isn’t working

Have found loads of posts relating to the fob or door switch, but struggling to find any suggestions relating to the boot lid lever!

Any suggestions?!

Hi, I have a W205, which has developed a fault with the boot opening mechanism

I can open the boot via the key fob, switch on drivers door and via the key slot on the boot lid but the release lever on the boot lid isn’t working

Have found loads of posts relating to the fob or door switch, but struggling to find any suggestions relating to the boot lid lever!

Any suggestions?!
Sounds like the micro switch on the tailgate release has failed. Is the release leaver stiff?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mindbogglingly complicated!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mindbogglingly complicated!

Firstly no need to be a bellend. Secondly, this is a different model so get back in your box mate!

Thats a bit harsh,

Ideally it needs to be plugged in to check the switch values firstly. Water ingress is a common cause.

Firstly no need to be a bellend. Secondly, this is a different model so get back in your box mate!

Firstly, possibly. Secondly, wrong and thirdly - not even Mercedes use different parts at this level on a facelift model. The EPC/WIS is identical for each
Thanks for the constructive reply though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom