Borg and Beck Air Filters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonjen6

Car
Mercedes SL400 R231
Anyone had experience of Borg and Beck air filters? for my SL400 they are around £21.00 for the pair against circa £50.00 for Bosch or Hengst.

You'd be buying aftermarket quality parts rather than OEM quality parts.

Borg and Beck are owned by First Line, and I wouldn't normally choose First Line parts for any car I was working on....however I've recently been working on a car on a budget and have fitted quite a few Borg and Beck parts, filters, bushes, etc. and all the parts seem to be perfectly good. In fact I chose Borg and Beck parts for some later purchases because everything seemed nicely made and fitted well but was low cost.

No point compromising on a relatively new car like an SL400.

You'd be buying aftermarket quality parts rather than OEM quality parts.

Borg and Beck are owned by First Line, and I wouldn't normally choose First Line parts for any car I was working on....however I've recently been working on a car on a budget and have fitted quite a few Borg and Beck parts, filters, bushes, etc. and all the parts seem to be perfectly good. In fact I chose Borg and Beck parts for some later purchases because everything seemed nicely made and fitted well but was low cost.
Its only the cheapness of the item that concerned me compared to Bosch - Mahle ect, Borg and Beck is a well known brand and they say items are to OE spec so would assume they are fine and your comments back this up, thanks for reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom