Bought Dynavin, not powering up, help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
I'm fairly competent when it comes to installing, but I have a feeling there is part of the harness missing. Could somebody confirm my theory please

7461da3f52de9dbdce44c090e78ca2dd.jpg

0f265c88da3aaf591b79637db483b6ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be an online wiring diagram depending on the model of Dynavin you have. The part you are holding in 2nd photo looks like the can interface. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

There should be an online wiring diagram depending on the model of Dynavin you have. The part you are holding in 2nd photo looks like the can interface. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Yeh it is the can interface, just seems odds that it has yellow and black power going to it, and also an empty plug socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
If it's anything like the 'connects2' canbus adaptors then that missing connector is for the steering wheel remote. These are available from most car audio shops.

Just guessing, based on my 'connects2' adaptor. From the Quadlock plug connected to the car loom going to the adaptor, the red & white twisted pair look like the canbus input, the yellow permanent live, black ground. From the adaptor to the Dynavin unit ISO plug, the red will possibly be switched live controlled by the adaptor. You may have other wires for lights, reverse, handbrake, and canbus.

Please don't take this as fact, it's only an educated guess as I'm not familiar with Dynavin wiring. So please check with a multi-meter first after unplugging the Dynavin. Twisted pair wires will usually be for the canbus network signal, do not fiddle with these.

Hi,

If it's anything like the 'connects2' canbus adaptors then that missing connector is for the steering wheel remote. These are available from most car audio shops.

Just guessing, based on my 'connects2' adaptor. From the Quadlock plug connected to the car loom going to the adaptor, the red & white twisted pair look like the canbus input, the yellow permanent live, black ground. From the adaptor to the Dynavin unit ISO plug, the red will possibly be switched live controlled by the adaptor. You may have other wires for lights, reverse, handbrake, and canbus.

Please don't take this as fact, it's only an educated guess as I'm not familiar with Dynavin wiring. So please check with a multi-meter first after unplugging the Dynavin. Twisted pair wires will usually be for the canbus network signal, do not fiddle with these.

Thanks mate, I've sent it back to the seller. He was a bit of a **** about it. Reckons I haven't wired it up correctly.

Sent using a tin can on the end of a string

Thanks mate, I've sent it back to the seller. He was a bit of a **** about it. Reckons I haven't wired it up correctly.

Told you they were hit and miss :)

When you say 'does'nt work' what is actually happening?

Mercs tend to use a different switched live from most 'off the shelf' head units. So you have to swap the switched live, from the car, over. 1 is normally capped from the factory.

Apologies if I am talking nonsense.

When you say 'does'nt work' what is actually happening?

Mercs tend to use a different switched live from most 'off the shelf' head units. So you have to swap the switched live, from the car, over. 1 is normally capped from the factory.

Apologies if I am talking nonsense.

Not at all, I get you.

Not powering on at all

6c51c2b4bf65549c39722d65fca0756d.jpg

Problem solved ( Different harness )

Might not be to everybody's taste, but it looks OEM. Has CarPlay. And sounds amazing [emoji846]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom