• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Brabus CLS

Which one are you referring to?

The white (later) car is likely a fake. If it’s real then it’s most likely to have been converted by a third-party rather than Brabus themselves. The 700 conversion is largely a piggy back ECU, upgraded turbos and upgraded catalysts. It’s a proper piece of kit. The 700 conversion is rare on other AMG models too, but I can’t remember ever coming across a CLS 700.

The black earlier car is a real Brabus Rocket, which is completely different kettle of fish - and is the top of the line conversion, done at their factory in Bottrop. A big part of the conversion is fitting the modified V12 engine, and so the donor car can be ordered with any engine. Brakes, suspension, wheels, and interior are all upgraded, albeit all done subtly at that time. That is a a couple leagues above a 700.
I was getting confused between the two! And hadn't realised that any Brabus is based on a donor car that has to be registered first. Sounds like a costly business to commission a new Rocket.

Which one are you referring to?

The white (later) car is likely a fake. If it’s real then it’s most likely to have been converted by a third-party rather than Brabus themselves. The 700 conversion is largely a piggy back ECU, upgraded turbos and upgraded catalysts. It’s a proper piece of kit. The 700 conversion is rare on other AMG models too, but I can’t remember ever coming across a CLS 700.

The black earlier car is a real Brabus Rocket, which is completely different kettle of fish - and is the top of the line conversion, done at their factory in Bottrop. A big part of the conversion is fitting the modified V12 engine, and so the donor car can be ordered with any engine. Brakes, suspension, wheels, and interior are all upgraded, albeit all done subtly at that time. That is a a couple leagues above a 700.
So what is the conclusion BD - going to see it or not? From what I've heard you won't be able to test drive until youve bought it.

So what is the conclusion BD - going to see it or not? From what I've heard you won't be able to test drive until youve bought it.
Unfortunately the sellers rep has put me off even viewing it for all that time. I am hatching a plan though. Maybe it will all come together.

I was getting confused between the two! And hadn't realised that any Brabus is based on a donor car that has to be registered first. Sounds like a costly business to commission a new Rocket.
When buying from the factory it doesn’t have to be registered first, however the VIN will forever show that it started out life with a different engine.

From what I've read about them,Motorhub should be avoided at all cost........
A lot of buyers seem not to take this advice judging by Motorhub's £10m annual turnover. Need to sell a lot of cars (or something) to achieve those sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom