• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Brake Caliper Change

W212Chris

Car
W212
The dealership who I bought the E350 from painted the brake calipers Red. Not bad however they only painted the outside and not the inner.

I want to change the Calipers out with new ones and have them painted either Red or Yellow with the Mercedes decal on. Anybody have any experience with changing the calipers and where to buy from ?

Chris

Maybe consider having yours repainted professionally, or even fully re-manufactured, if you can live without them for a few days.

I've just picked up my refurbished calipers from BCS (www.bcs-automotive.co.uk) in Long Eaton, near Nottingham. They needed work because there was corrosion under the steel slider plates that the pads slide against, so the pads were binding. BCS do mail order, but just happened to be fairly close to me.

My calipers have been fully re-manufactured, repainted with logos stencilled on under two coats of lacquer. They do a vast range of colours, but I opted to have them done in the original silver. They have a lifetime warranty, including the paint finish.

They look fantastic, and they cost me about a quarter the price of two new calipers. I can't recommend BCS highly enough.

Before.jpg
after 1.jpg
after 2.jpg

Now they look as though they have seen some action lmao.

Thanks for the tip mate. I am not far from Nottingham so may give them a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom