• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Brake caliper transplantaion

aknot

Car
C280 W202
Hi!

I need some information from some one who knows.

I want to upgrade the brake capacity on my W202 280 -94. And what I would like to know if I can use the brake caliper and brake disc from a bigger Mercedes, from example a W210? Is it bolt on? Or what modifications would be necessary?

Thanks!

The brakes on Merc cars are normally very good - if your have a standard car with no extra engine performance, and you feel your brakes are not good, then there is something wrong with them.

You should investigate the problems first and there can be many problems such as partially seized pistons for example.

you can take the braking system from the 36 or 43, but you'd just be buying expensive pads/discs everytime for no reason at all.

If you want a quick cheap and very effective brake upgrade, get stainless steel (goodridge) brake hoses, and maybe some grooved/drilled black diamond brake discs and see if it helps. Certainly felt it on mine

As above, the brakes on the W202 are pretttyyyy dammmm good, and you'd probably benefit by investing in some high performce pads / disks. I have a brembo / pagid fast road setup on mine and it's pretty sweet.

I'd say the best (and cheapest) mods would be fresh brake fluid and new standard Mercedes pads

If you want more bite try harder pads. You'll lose some of the subtlety and probably the ease of modulating the brakes, but they may give you what you want

Nick Froome

brabus made alcon calipers, they listed the same caliper for 201 202 210 124 107

oh and 129

brembo gt cataloge lists the same part numbers to fit 201 202 203 124 129 107

merc brakes can be swapped between theses models as long as the correct knuckel joint is used.

That is correctly understod.. I want to do a mod.. there is no malfunction of the stock brakes as the car passed the swedish annual testing.

But I have to say that I am not very impressed of the performance of the stock brakes on the car. I like more active driving and I think that real nice brake performance is as good feeling as a potent engine. And it would go better with the harder chassie on my car.

Thanks for the tips... I will look them thru :) High performance pads could be an interesting first step to try out.

Dont overlook stainless steel brake hoses... they were probably the most effective mod i did on the brakes.

Hey thanks.. it could be an idea since I need to change the brakelines generally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom