• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

buffing car with D/A

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys I've bought a das6 with 150mm pads along with meguiars 105 & 205 question I have is do i apply 105 with D/A pad and then swap pad and buff off with clean pad? Sorry new to the game thanks in advance

Sent from my xperia z3 using MBClub UK

No. Keep the pad on…some good, short instruction vids on YouTube.

So apply 105 with pad on and buff off with same pad?

Yes. It is a cutting compound so not like putting wax on by hand. You may need to wipe residue of when you are finished with the DA and before going onto the next stage.

I also use Maguires 105 and 205. I first apply 105 with the rotary pad then buff off by hand. Then apply 205 finishing polish and again buff off by hand. Make sure that the pads are damp each time to avoid any possible burning and to ensure a smooth action on the DA. I do this with a mist spray applied directly to the pad. I then apply a coat of hard wax to keep the shine in. All this of course after washing, claying and washing again. Don't do to large an area at one time, I usually split the bonnet, boot and roof into two parts. Make sure you mask all the chrome trim and rubbers first. Hope I am not preaching to the converted.

Thanks for all ur input much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom