• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Burning / chemical smell - air vent

Garry000

Car
A class
Hi all.

When I start my car up in the morning and use the max air flow for the front windscreen (sorry unsure of correct name for this) I get this faint chemically/white spirit (kind of?) smell. Sometimes can be a little bit of a burning smell but so hard to describe.
If I use the usual temperature heaters I don’t tend to get much of a smell.

Does anyone know what this could be and should I be concerned. Only seems to be when I first start car up ?
Thanks!

Well thats a new one to me at least,difficult to say to be fair but the only thing you have asked to function at full speed is the blower motor,could it be that it is getting hot,possibly you are smelling the wiring getting hot,that smell can be acrid,no other thoughts at the moment.

WHEN was the cars aircon/heater inlet filter changed last? Some diesel mercs are fitted with supplimentary electric heater elements to compensate for slow engine warmup which might give off a slight burning smell especially if a bit dirty-restricted airflow may also lead to the fan motor overheating

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom