C Class W205 Android touch screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StevieT61MB

Car
C350e Premium Plus
Hi all first time poster…

I have a 2016 W205 C350e Premium Plus and am interested in either fitting a touch screen or a box to access Apple CarPlay, primarily for Google maps.
I have noticed when looking for info on the web (owners forums) that the screens themselves seem to be problematic.
I haveHUD and use it almost all the time - I’m pretty sure HUD will not interface with either option but would like this confirming.
The screens look great in the later models and if MB offered an option I would take it!
I’ve even considered trying to hang my iPad over the existing screen solely for Mac purposes.
I guess what I’m after boils down to the below:

Has anyone managed to source a screen that is any good?
Are the boxes any good?
Has anyone done similar with an iPad and if so can you detail what mounts you used?

Thanks 👍🏼

Welcome @StevieT61MB .

There's no factory option for a touchscreen on the W205.

The touchscreens that you see advertised are in fact a complete android infotainment system with a pass-through option for when you want to access the original MB COMAND or Audio20 infotainment system.

There was also a 'touchscreen' film that you could stick on top of the original screen, but these didn't work very well and I don't think they're available any more.

If you want to add Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, talk to @Alfie and @richard from Comand UK www.comand.co.uk.

As for the HUD, I suspect that neither the Android touchscreen nor the Apple CarPlay / Android Auto box will work with it, I.e. the HUD will only show you navigation instructions from the car's original navigation system.

BTW, the infotainment system on your 2016 (pre-facelift) W205 C350e Premium Plus will be COMAND Online NTG5*2.

Comand UK can also help with updating the firmware and with updating the maps.

BTW, the infotainment system on your 2016 (pre-facelift) W205 C350e Premium Plus will be COMAND Online NTG5*2.

Comand UK can also help with updating the firmware and with updating the maps.
Thanks for the reply and the info, I’ll get in touch with them and see what they regarding the updates.

Hi all first time poster…

I have a 2016 W205 C350e Premium Plus and am interested in either fitting a touch screen or a box to access Apple CarPlay, primarily for Google maps.
I have noticed when looking for info on the web (owners forums) that the screens themselves seem to be problematic.
I haveHUD and use it almost all the time - I’m pretty sure HUD will not interface with either option but would like this confirming.
The screens look great in the later models and if MB offered an option I would take it!
I’ve even considered trying to hang my iPad over the existing screen solely for Mac purposes.
I guess what I’m after boils down to the below:

Has anyone managed to source a screen that is any good?
Are the boxes any good?
Has anyone done similar with an iPad and if so can you detail what mounts you used?

Thanks 👍🏼
I have the applecarplay box I’m based in Essex/London if you want to have a look.

I would avoid the android screens I know a few people with them and they slow down after a few weeks and become annoying to use

I have the applecarplay box I’m based in Essex/London if you want to have a look.

I would avoid the android screens I know a few people with them and they slow down after a few weeks and become annoying to use
Appreciate the offer but I’m in Leicestershire- if I travel south I’ll take you up on it 👍🏼
Pretty much ruled out the screens given all the negatives I’ve seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom