C220 CDI upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdLP640

Car
2012 Mercedes C220 CDI, 2019 Mercedes C63S, Porsche 996 Turbo,
Hello,

After 7 years I have decided to upgrade my C220 Cdi coupe, besides the remap that is currently on the car and a TCU upgrade incoming it seems the modification world for these 2.1 Diesel engines isn't huge. I've been in contact with AET Turbos about a hybrid system for the car as well as a larger intercooler from Tornado Tuning. I'm just curious as to whether people on here know more about modifying these cars, i.e how much bhp can the stock injectors take? and whether larger brakes from other models will be interchangeable? The car is a 2012 facelift C204 and I'm not looking for crazy power, maybe around the 290-300bhp.

Now I have a very fast 640 bhp 996 Turbo and stock C63s back in the US and I would just like my UK car to well.. not be too slow and NO I have no intention of selling this car... I guess you could say there is an emotional attachment Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to the responses.

Adam

Dont take this the wrong way but your aim for bhp i would get something else and go down the 6 cylinder route

What are you doing with the TCU ?
Hi Gaz, there is a device from JFautomotive that flashes the TCU, which enables quicker/smoother shifts. I have to admit that It's worth checking their site out if you get a chance to. I know I could get a bigger model such as the 350 etc but where's the fun in that? Are those discs just a straight swap Gaz or is some modification required? Cheers.

Straight swap I believe , just the different calipers , carriers , pads and discs .

What type of device , who is it made by and is it like the DTUK and Tornado Tuning TCU flash boxes ?

2019-10-13 19.23.20.png

2019-10-13 19.27.38.png

Straight swap I believe , just the different calipers , carriers , pads and discs .

What type of device , who is it made by and is it like the DTUK and Tornado Tuning TCU flash boxes ?

View attachment 89621

View attachment 89622

Sorry for the late reply Gaz, It is exactly like those OBD devices. It's made by Elite Flash and it costs £399 for my car! I have read a couple of reviews and it seems to have made an improvement, although after checking out the DTUK one and reading the reviews I think they all are more or less the same. I think I'll start digging around for the C350 set up. But I have one last question about them... Are they the same 2 pot as the C220 or 4?

Regards,

Adam

That's expensive , the TT T-Box is alot less .

2019-10-15 18.46.40.png

From what I understand the DTUK is only dealer level reversable whereas the T Box can be reversed by yourself.

Still too few credible reviews out there.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom