C250 CDI - Should I refuse to have it back?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sound like minor things, wouldnt get upset.. simply send them an email or letter stating your concerns and that you require the car back fully sorted within a reasonable time frame. if this cannot be done then they need to replace with a like for like car with same or more options.

Im not sure you can push for a refund legally, maybe you can just about, but it will make the whole thing a long drawn out drama.

Valkirk said:
From an earlier post it looks like it's the wiring loom rather than the unit so will be taking quite a bit of the car apart to replace.

It will come back rattling...LOL

Hi Matt

I would advise you to give them a chance to sort out the car but at the same time be firm if you are not happy after getting the car repaired then you could suggest that you would like to change the car to an E Class Coupe as you said. I think that would be your best option.
My advice is if you do go for an E Class Coupe take somebody who knows a lot about cars like myself.
I can give you some tips, look at the age of the car and the mileage. Then go around and make sure that the panels are all uniform. Have a look at all the alloy wheels then confirm the size and make of the front tyres. Then check the rear tyres for their size and make. Start up the car and let it idle run, then open the bonnet and put your hand on top of the cover where the engine is and feel the running of the engine it should run very smooth and purr like a cat. That tells you that the car engine is perfect. The next item you need to check is all the electrics. Switch on the headlights. Flicker the high beam and make sure that it's working. Then try the indicators and so forth.
Do tell them that you would like to listen to the radio and would like to attach any device that you have to check that it is working. Then take the car for a test drive, feel how the car handles. My best advice is you go in for a E350 instead of a E250 it has been recommended by several mechanics and people who have been using that particular model it gives a very good performance on E Class Coupe.

I hope this helps and you get all this resolved.

Hi everyone,

Well thanks again for all your helpful and friendly advice.

I finally got the car back on Monday, fully fixed and looking like brand new! One minor hiccup was the valet guy had gone home with my keys as I came after 5pm to collect. Poor chap was ordered back to bring them at once. To be fair I couldn't have waited any longer for the car to be returned to me it's been two weeks!

Work done:

Replaced wiring loom (runs from armrest to head unit).

Replace one corroded alloy.

Refurbished all other alloys. One I damaged in my ownership. This was a gesture of goodwill.

Replaced mismatched tyre on the rear. I now have 4 Continentals. They must have pinched the missing Conti off another car as it's not new. But at least now the car looks right!

I have an extension of the 30 day exchange programme until the 14th of October (+ 14 Days).

I think that I'll stick with the car, I'll be looking to change it before the warranty expires. And to be honest the rest of it is 100%. The 4 pot isn't everyones choice, but I think as other members have stated. It's easy to live with at the pumps, and it's certainly not slow. The 7g box seems to suit the car better. And it's certainly lighter in the corners.

Let's hope that the C250 CDI remains faultless during my days of ownership. If it's anything like my old C220 CDI it will go forever as long as it doesn't rust away!

Thanks again everyone.

PS: It's such a shame MB couldn't get their levels of communication with me up to a level that you might expect. This experience need not have been such a trauma. That will be going on my feedback form for sure!

Matt

Please you got got it sorted :thumb:

Hi Matt

I am pleased you got the car sorted out, that is great news.
I hope it doesn't give you any more problems.
:)

PS: It's such a shame MB couldn't get their levels of communication with me up to a level that you might expect. This experience need not have been such a trauma. That will be going on my feedback form for sure!

Matt

You got a feedback form?

In my 12 months of MB ownership keeping in mind just how many times the car went in to be fixed, I only ever got one feedback request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom